fixed EDID NVIDIA Drivers

Pipedor

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 16, 2005
Messages
73
I haven't messed around with updating any drivers for about a year. I have a 24 LG monitor, and the last go around I remember having to edit the registry or else my GTX 280 thought it was an HDTV, as opposed to a monitor. While not sounding like a big deal, it was, because it corrupted the picture. I'm hoping for an easy driver update as I get back to gaming. Does anyone know if this issue has been resolved?
 
I know it has NOT been resolved as of the 186.18 series drivers.

I just battled this nonsense when I bought a GTX 285. I was previously using a Radeon 4870 but it wasn't cutting the mustard, and the GTX was on clearance for like $275. Had the shift and went nuts getting it fixed...but I eventually got it.
 
It's pretty easy if you have vista and it'll probably work on windows 7 too. Check out http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2371 . Ignore what the actual article is about it should just make the driver treat anything digital as dvi.

Though really this has only been seen on displays with either poorly written edid or no dvi port and just hdmi. My 2408wfp has an hdmi port but also 2 dvi ports. On dvi port one I booted it up first time and vista switched it to 1920x1200 right when I logged in didn't even have to pull up display settings.
 
Thanks Ezrem. Is it as easy as just installing the hotfix, after a clean new driver install???
 
It's pretty easy if you have vista and it'll probably work on windows 7 too. Check out http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2371 . Ignore what the actual article is about it should just make the driver treat anything digital as dvi.

Though really this has only been seen on displays with either poorly written edid or no dvi port and just hdmi. My 2408wfp has an hdmi port but also 2 dvi ports. On dvi port one I booted it up first time and vista switched it to 1920x1200 right when I logged in didn't even have to pull up display settings.

thanks, I may try this on my next win 7 install. damn it though, you would think they would have fixed this but but they are still acting like its the monitors fault even though ATI and intel videos cards work fine.
 
Back
Top