WBurchnall
2[H]4U
- Joined
- Oct 10, 2009
- Messages
- 2,622
So I have a Samsung Syncmaster 275T Plus and have been loving it. The picture quality has been and still is great... Text is clear and easy to read. Little to no visible ghosting. Large screen size has spoiled me/screen real estate.
Alas, lately the monitor won't turn on. When the monitor is running, its perfect and performing 100%. When I shut it off, if its off for say 30 minutes+ when I go to turn it back on sometimes hitting the power button does ...nothing. There's a blue LED backlighting that also occurs if the power is on.
If I hit it multiple times, the blue LED will sometimes flash blue for a short brief moment. After maybe 20-30 tries, it will usually power on and perform 100% like normal. I find often I can get less tries by unplugging the monitor from the wall and hitting the power button repeatedly at the same time as plugging it in. Perhaps only 4-5 tries.
I'm suspecting it could be the power supply in the monitor is starting to die? Maybe a capacitator or perhaps the monitor's power cord is broken? I've tried googling to look for other people experiencing this problem with a few variations on search terms. Found nothing. Would this type of problem be fixable at an electronic repair store/samsung authorized repair dealer and would it be cheaper to fix it or just buy a new 27" monitor?
Alas, lately the monitor won't turn on. When the monitor is running, its perfect and performing 100%. When I shut it off, if its off for say 30 minutes+ when I go to turn it back on sometimes hitting the power button does ...nothing. There's a blue LED backlighting that also occurs if the power is on.
If I hit it multiple times, the blue LED will sometimes flash blue for a short brief moment. After maybe 20-30 tries, it will usually power on and perform 100% like normal. I find often I can get less tries by unplugging the monitor from the wall and hitting the power button repeatedly at the same time as plugging it in. Perhaps only 4-5 tries.
I'm suspecting it could be the power supply in the monitor is starting to die? Maybe a capacitator or perhaps the monitor's power cord is broken? I've tried googling to look for other people experiencing this problem with a few variations on search terms. Found nothing. Would this type of problem be fixable at an electronic repair store/samsung authorized repair dealer and would it be cheaper to fix it or just buy a new 27" monitor?