Five Nights At Freddy's Developer Responds To "Hate"

My kids are 4 and 7 and I always catch them watching this garbage, installing apps on our phones or demos on the computer. Ive watched my son play it, the game makes no sense what so ever to me. So your a security guard and you watch camera monitors , flip some lights on , close some doors. omg jump scare?

I am ashamed that my children find this amusing. When i was 7 years old I was playing masters of magic, orion, star control -- games that had a rich game play and or story. Games that made you think strategically... sometimes games based on real history that taught me geography.

I remember when I was a kid, playing deep involved games like Pac-man, Space Invaders, Missile Command.... Damn, those were the days.

Simple and addicting games can be of any kind, and they are just extremely simple and very addicting. I still love the longer, story filled, strategy games but sometimes simple is great.

This is like Night Trap, but without Dana Plato.

i remember a time, about 20 years ago now, when one could go to a games website, or even a fan site, and meet and chat with others in a fun way. people sharing in a mostly positive way.

nowadays.. LOL i will not even attempt to go to any open gaming website. pure vitriol and epeen wagging

no thanks

the only gaming website i will even visit nowadays is our gaming guild site because its filled with actual adults and no crap is allowed. there, and onkly there, can i get good conversations on games

Yeah...I used to gift hardware to a CS server back in the day, even cash, to keep it up and running because the community was so awesome.

Nowadays, in HoTS you can't even chat to the opposing team, and I'm happy for it. Make any little mistake and the teamchat turns against itself even, so you still get some of the BS, just a little bit less.

My kids are 4 and 7 and I always catch them watching this garbage, installing apps on our phones or demos on the computer. Ive watched my son play it, the game makes no sense what so ever to me. So your a security guard and you watch camera monitors , flip some lights on , close some doors. omg jump scare?

I am ashamed that my children find this amusing. When i was 7 years old I was playing masters of magic, orion, star control -- games that had a rich game play and or story. Games that made you think strategically... sometimes games based on real history that taught me geography.

I found myself agreeing with your statements. But then I thought, our parents probably though something along the same lines, "They're just punching buttons, when I was their age I was working on cars, fishing, learning real stuff!"

I see your point, but I thought our praents probably felt something along the same lines. My parents sometimes frowned at the games i played as well, even if I told them it was a game that made you think or had a rich backstory.

It often came down to "you're just punching buttons, what's the point? Isn't it better to play outside, etc."

It's probably something that will happen with each new generation. What changes is the kind of games and technology that's available.

As for the game, it's simple in concept but really filled a gap within the market. The idea of keeping a group of killer robots outside your office is fun/challenging in a way. If you can keep them out you won't get jumpscared even once. So at least I'm happy it's a game that rewards you for playing well. There's also a (sad) backstory involving the animatronics and the restaurant, but at its core it's a game that offers a challenge and a creepy atmosphere if you like these kind of things.

I admit, I enjoyed these games quite a bit, except the third which was IMO disappointing.

Back