• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Fisker Ocean SUVs under $25k

It's a terrible deal even at 25k unless you are a serious risk taker. Fisker is bankrupt, so there will be no parts availability. That will make insurance prohibitively expensive, if it's even insurable. Even if it's insurable now, it might not be in a year, making it illegal to drive. And no dealer will take it as a trade (Carmax and Carvana aren't buying them either). As a bankrupt entity, Fisker's warranty will be void. A minor accident could total your car. There will be no software updates (software is super buggy right now), so you could wind up with a paperweight and no one to help you. A Fisker is worth maybe 10k.
 
don't even touch this for any amount of money. plus they are a POS of an EV. you can used models 3s or bolts for this price that will actually last and will have parts available
 
This might be a good deal to buy and use all the parts to do a EV swap on an old muscle/classic car.
 
I happened to watch this Fisker Ocean vid today. Guy only paid $10k with 300 miles on it, but it was seriously bricked. So many poor design decisions, but he got it working!


View: https://youtu.be/WLGaAE4_RjQ?si=zaHKyiKfvcvCG7rw

Best part is end with kids. They ask him if got an EV from Temu.

With all the cheap cars flooding the market, probably a matter of time before people start uploading their own software lol.
 
The part with the kids is funny. You can tell they have to deal with him doing things they consider stupid a lot. He's got a lot of post purchase justification going on.

I've never watched this channel before but it looks like he has access to a full car repair area and friends, and even then it was a lot of work. Keep in mind that's also exactly what will happen any time he needs repairs on it, probably.

I think I would take one for 5k or less. 10k is still too much for me to bother with something that could be basically scrap parts when the first thing goes wrong.
 
If it has any type of BMS on the batteies, those have to be waking up as I watched a guy wake the BMS up on a Lifepo 4 12.8v 100ah battery.
 
To quote Jeremy Clarkson, "EVs are an appliance", no thanks.

Appliances are almost always plug and play and play and play. Set and forget. I think thats a plus.

Anyways, would be interesting if someone could drop the battery pack, get a reliable BMS to interface with that large battery pack to make a whole home battery back up. That someone is NOT me, by any stretch.

I paid $25k for 36kWh of batteries years ago.
 
Appliances are almost always plug and play and play and play. Set and forget. I think thats a plus.

Anyways, would be interesting if someone could drop the battery pack, get a reliable BMS to interface with that large battery pack to make a whole home battery back up. That someone is NOT me, by any stretch.

Yeah but you're Supreme [H]ardness and should know how to do it ;)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Liver
like this
Appliances are almost always plug and play and play and play. Set and forget. I think thats a plus.

Anyways, would be interesting if someone could drop the battery pack, get a reliable BMS to interface with that large battery pack to make a whole home battery back up. That someone is NOT me, by any stretch.

I paid $25k for 36kWh of batteries years ago.
I currently have ~130 kWh of lifepo4 batteries for my solar system and have about 17k invested in them. What voltage is the battery in this car?
 
I've been keeping an eye on the prices of used Mercedes EQS 580s. 22 models with under 10k miles start at under $50k. The 580s were $130k give or take new, so they have lost 60% of their value after just a couple of years. 23 models can be had for under $60k. Interior is pretty sweet with a 56" wide "hyperscreen":

eqs.jpg


I'm sure prices will continue to plummet, so before we know it, they will be giving them away for about the same as the Fiskers and I'd much rather have one of these!
 
I've been keeping an eye on the prices of used Mercedes EQS 580s. 22 models with under 10k miles start at under $50k. The 580s were $130k give or take new, so they have lost 60% of their value after just a couple of years. 23 models can be had for under $60k. Interior is pretty sweet with a 56" wide "hyperscreen":

View attachment 687023

I'm sure prices will continue to plummet, so before we know it, they will be giving them away for about the same as the Fiskers and I'd much rather have one of these!

Where you looking? I wanna start looking too.
 
I can buy a used Tesla model 3 with a good battery for cheaper. Or, I can get a brand new Nissan for 18k.....nothing about this makes any kind of sense.
 
The Fisker fiasco and steep drop in EV values has convinced me to lease instead of buying a EV when I'm is ready to replace my beater family car someday in the future.
 
The Fisker fiasco and steep drop in EV values has convinced me to lease instead of buying a EV when I'm is ready to replace my beater family car someday in the future.
People be holding on to their beaters forever. And still asking 5k for scrap!!!

I refuse to give anyone more than 2-3k for something like that. They asking 9k, i offer 2k. They tell me im crazy, so i say, "ill give you 300 more than whatever the signed offer paper you get from CarMax is". Then they just sell to CarMax. Why do people prefer to sell to the dealership for less???

Anyways, good luck.
 
People be holding on to their beaters forever. And still asking 5k for scrap!!!

I refuse to give anyone more than 2-3k for something like that. They asking 9k, i offer 2k. They tell me im crazy, so i say, "ill give you 300 more than whatever the signed offer paper you get from CarMax is". Then they just sell to CarMax. Why do people prefer to sell to the dealership for less???

Anyways, good luck.
Convenience is why. If you give them more it might change their mind.
 
Not many people make 300 dollars in a day of work. If you're not willing to make 300 extra bucks for a little bit of extra work, you're probably making a lot of bad choices in life.
 
People be holding on to their beaters forever. And still asking 5k for scrap!!!

I refuse to give anyone more than 2-3k for something like that. They asking 9k, i offer 2k. They tell me im crazy, so i say, "ill give you 300 more than whatever the signed offer paper you get from CarMax is". Then they just sell to CarMax. Why do people prefer to sell to the dealership for less???

Anyways, good luck.
Convenience is why. If you give them more it might change their mind.

Really, do you trust a huge corporation that you can go into and in less than 30 min have a check for your car or some random guy who says they'll give a few hundred more and then you have to go somewhere public to meet up with a random guy, do all the paperwork with some random guy and then go to the bank for a certified check from some random guy? It's a no brainer to go to CarMax especially when they typically offer top dollar for the vehicle because they aren't going to have to wholesale it, they're going to put it on the lot and advertise it across the US through their network of dealerships.

Not many people make 300 dollars in a day of work. If you're not willing to make 300 extra bucks for a little bit of extra work, you're probably making a lot of bad choices in life.

It's not a little bit of extra work, it's placing trust in some random moron that they're going to do everything correctly and not waste your time. Try selling stuff on facebook marketplace, it's a pain the ass that half the time is more trouble than it's worth.
 
Really, do you trust a huge corporation that you can go into and in less than 30 min have a check for your car or some random guy who says they'll give a few hundred more and then you have to go somewhere public to meet up with a random guy, do all the paperwork with some random guy and then go to the bank for a certified check from some random guy? It's a no brainer to go to CarMax especially when they typically offer top dollar for the vehicle because they aren't going to have to wholesale it, they're going to put it on the lot and advertise it across the US through their network of dealerships.



It's not a little bit of extra work, it's placing trust in some random moron that they're going to do everything correctly and not waste your time. Try selling stuff on facebook marketplace, it's a pain the ass that half the time is more trouble than it's worth.
That makes no sense. I literally handing them cash. What the hell is concern?
 
That makes no sense. I literally handing them cash. What the hell is concern?

Even if you're handing me cash, I'm still doing it at bank where they an verify everything. I'm not going to sift through thousands of dollars to make sure it's all legit. I'd prefer not to have to deal with cash at all and have certified funds deposited directly in my bank account instead.
 
Even if you're handing me cash, I'm still doing it at bank where they an verify everything. I'm not going to sift through thousands of dollars to make sure it's all legit. I'd prefer not to have to deal with cash at all and have certified funds deposited directly in my bank account instead.
I ask how you want it and how to make it easy for you and im offering you probably 2+ days of work on top of it all. If you don't take that, you obviously make bad choices. Good luck.
 
I ask how you want it and how to make it easy for you and im offering you probably 2+ days of work on top of it all. If you don't take that, you obviously make bad choices. Good luck.

I just sold a vehicle through CarMax, it literally took me 10 minutes at the dealership and verifying the online quote and it bumped my trade value by $7k because of what they were offering. The dealer I ended up buying from took my car as a trade and immediately sold it to CarMax for their offer. You think I'm going to spend 2+ days of advertising a vehicle and dealing with idiots sending me "Is it still available?" messages to try and make an extra $300 and not get he tax benefits of the trade in? Not happening.
 
That makes no sense. I literally handing them cash. What the hell is concern?

The concern is you coming back with complaints after the sale. Trading in a car, with everything signed. It’s done.

You could literally stalk me over a BS claim. It has happened. Why put up with the aggravation for one day of work? One. Single. Day.

Seems like they are absolutely making the right choice.
 
Let me put it to you this way...i don't need your vehicles. If you think the money isn't worth it, then do whatever you want. Yes, it's a bad decision, but it's yours to make. Only thing that pisses me off is when bad decisions become my problem through political means because people suddenly can't afford cars or loans...

(note: i have worked as a senior risk analyst at multiple banks and looked at millions upon millions of car deal loans. Dealers are absolutely winning here, including and especially CarMax).
 
Back
Top