• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

First Xbox One Feature Update Goes Live

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Joined
May 9, 2000
Messages
75,399
Well, we told you it was coming, but you know Microsoft and their updates, they are released when they are ready and after a short delay, the Xbox One Spring Update is finally here sporting a whole new list of improvements.

"Never fear you'll see it sometime over the weekend." If you're taking advantage of Xbox's Instant On feature, the console will check for an update next time you turn it off.
 
"Ability to delete game and application save data"

Is this seriously not included out of the box?
 
"Ability to delete game and application save data"

Is this seriously not included out of the box?

Personally, I was pleased to see the update installing this morning. :D As far as your comment goes.... :p Or let me make it easier, Boot off disk, format c:, enter, have fun. :D
 
Does this include 793P support for titanfall?

And wow you finally can delete games and data on that non removable drive!

Does this update include and new fancy hand gestures?
 
Does this include 793P support for titanfall?

And wow you finally can delete games and data on that non removable drive!

Does this update include and new fancy hand gestures?

Do you own one? No, they why are you even commenting here. :rolleyes: Yes? Than let me know when you try it, thanks.
 
Do you own one? No, they why are you even commenting here. :rolleyes: Yes? Than let me know when you try it, thanks.

Funny you ask. Yes i do, well did. Promptly sold it for a GTX780 and bought a ps4, which i have been impressed with. No gimmicks, user expandable storage, 1080p, better controller (in my opinion) and the list goes on....

My 7800GT got better frame rates on source built games than the Xboner.

It will be the shortest console for MS lifespan wise. Once 4k hits major next year, MS will be forced to step up their game. Pun intended.
 
Seems like sound logic :rolleyes:
He's one of the last Xboners to still defend the console on this forum as of late it seems.

I dont think people realize how crappy and gimmicky the XBoner is until they play on a nice PC gaming setup...
 
There is one new hand gesture....it now reads the middle finger and launches IE to the purchase playstaion 4 page on sony.com
 
before you could uninstall a program, but it still must have kept some of the save data then. Which kind of makes sense as if you run out of space you might just want to remove the actual game from your device but leave the save data.

I did notice that when you uninstalled that the game still would show up in your list as needing to be installed. I wonder if when you delete it if it fully goes away. haven't played with that yet as I don't have anything that I really want to delete right now that is still installed. Might need to reinstall the NBA 2k14 demo to try to delete instead of uninstall.

Overall, I think this update was a step in the right direction. Waiting to see what fixes come around next month since this is a 2 part update.
 
He's one of the last Xboners to still defend the console on this forum as of late it seems.

I dont think people realize how crappy and gimmicky the XBoner is until they play on a nice PC gaming setup...

As an owner of both a decent gaming pc and a xbox one, among other consoles. I find nothing wrong with it. Just like I found nothing wrong with any other console.

Personally I play games to play games and have fun. I can enjoy a game on any console just as much as I can on my pc. There are games that I can play on my consoles that I can't play on the pc. So I play the games on what on whatever platform they are on, I prefer to maximize my gaming experience not limit it.
 
He's one of the last Xboners to still defend the console on this forum as of late it seems.

I dont think people realize how crappy and gimmicky the XBoner is until they play on a nice PC gaming setup...
Glorious PC gaming master race...
 
Yep, own a PS4, jump on a Xbox one thread in a rage. Own an Xbox one, too busy using it and playing games to rage.
 
meh I got both :p . I use the ps4 more. Quite honestly the people who broadcast themselves on ps4 is endless hours of entertainment.
 
Can you bitches keep quiet for a minute? :p Gotta question here.

I can't find the hard drive usage meter thingymajigger? Where is it?

Thanks!
 
As an owner of both a decent gaming pc and a xbox one, among other consoles. I find nothing wrong with it. Just like I found nothing wrong with any other console.

Personally I play games to play games and have fun. I can enjoy a game on any console just as much as I can on my pc. There are games that I can play on my consoles that I can't play on the pc. So I play the games on what on whatever platform they are on, I prefer to maximize my gaming experience not limit it.

You and me both man. I expect many others as well. Like someone said earlier, they are probably too busy having fun using their system of choice to rage/debate online about it.

I like my PC but it has it's issues. I like my Xbox360 but it has it's issues. I like my XboxOne but it has it's issues. This patch is a step in the right direction. Once you get over the "shoulda had it in the first place" attitude you start to enjoy the experience more.
 
He's one of the last Xboners to still defend the console on this forum as of late it seems.

I dont think people realize how crappy and gimmicky the XBoner is until they play on a nice PC gaming setup...

And the PS4. It is just a little less crappy and gimmicky. I have one and haven't turned it on since OUTLAST. And I already own that on steam.
 
And the PS4. It is just a little less crappy and gimmicky. I have one and haven't turned it on since OUTLAST. And I already own that on steam.

I agree. Just my .02 on current gen. I play pc 90% of the time anyway unless there is a game that is exclusive to consoles etc.
 
And the PS4. It is just a little less crappy and gimmicky. I have one and haven't turned it on since OUTLAST. And I already own that on steam.
Couldn't you argue that XB1 is the most console like as it's trying to bring you a different experience. If all you want to do is play games like on your PC, why aren't you playing it on your PC then? Is just offering being able to play them in a living room a different enough experience to warrant a separate system? Microsoft is actually trying to keep consoles alive PS4 is nothing but an iteration of previous work who's to say if that would last. In 8 years with faster intenet and more processpower, why wouldn't such a console just be a cloud service you can either buy a box to run or use your pc to access. XB1 is trying to stay in your living room, bringing in other forms of entertainment trying to tie that to the box itself so it's harder to replace. Ie it's trying to be a smart phone, for your living room. It be better if it could replace your cable box instead of just hi jack the feed but that probably was just too hard of a deal for Microsoft to work out.
 
Back
Top