First WC system, need advice

Ricey

Limp Gawd
Hiya All,
Well i finally decided to go watercooling but need a few advice on components. Please tell me what you think/suggestions :D

CPU Block: Storm Rev 2 (Opteron 165)

GPU Block: MCW60 (X1900XT)

Pump: MCP655/D5 or Alphacool AP 1510? I know the MCP655/D5 is highly recommended but i found the AP 1510 on perf pcs while browsing.
Link: http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=201&products_id=4505
Anyone have any experience with it? Its more powerful than the MCP655 but not sure on heat dump, although u can change the voltages on it. Need some input on this one ;)

Radiator: Thermochill PA120.3

Reservoir: Not sure which res to go either. What would be a good one for a high flow pump besides the MCRES-Micro?

Fans: Scythe S-Flex/Yate Loons/Panaflo, havent decided on these either but swapping fans is easy enough. Going for slightly more performance than noise.

Tubing: 1/2" Tygon

Fluid: Permochill PC ICE/MCT-5/FluidXP. I want something thats non-conductive. I know i know, distilled + some sorta additive like pentosin is better but this is my first try at WC so want to be on the safe side. That and I dont have a whole lot of time for mixing, etc or money to replace parts in case theres a defect somewhere or i did something wrong. I cant decide which non-conductive fluid to go with though. Put them in order from which im leaning more towards but not sure. Also i know the Storm uses impingement so a fluid that leaves stuff to get stuck in the jets isnt a good thing so thats something im keeping in mind. Maybe Clear PC Ice would be a good option so theres none of that dye junk but I do like pretty UV stuff like everyone else :p

Thanks for your help in advanced :)

no one have any info on the pump, suggestion for res, or coolant? Want to order everything today.

Alphacool pump SHOULD be fine... however Laing pumps are distinctly more trusted and have the reputation to back them up.

Tubing - Masterkleer 7/16" ID will give a cleaner look, and still works fine with 1/2" Hardware.

Coolant - PCIce isn't non-conductive. MCT5 contains ethylene glycol. Go with FluidXP if you must use a "non-conductive" coolant... but once it's picked ions up from within the system it'll be practically as conductive as distilled + additive anyways... it'll just cost you more $$'s

Fans - YateLoons are preferable on our rads.

Res - irrelevant. Go with personal preference, or a T-Line.

Thanks for the reply Marci, thermochill rads rock :)
Anyway, have u, cathar, or someone knowledgable with testing pumps tried the AP1510? Wondering how well it fairs against laing pumps. Also for the PA120.3 is a push or pull config preferable? Its probably minimal difference but every little bit counts :p And lastly, is it recommended on getting the shroud for the PA120.3, or is one already included?

Edit: Thought of another question :p
What advantages does the Masterkleer 7/16 have over Tygon 1/2" (besides price)? I know it has a snug fit on 1/2" fittings (and maybe not having to use clamps) making it harder to leak from but besides that what are the other pros on using the master 7/16 (ex. stain resistance, chemical reaction, kink resistance)?

hrmm, everywhere is out of stock on the PA120.3, anyone know of a place that does have it?

Back