first water cooling experience....noob questions :(

staradderdragoon

Limp Gawd
i'm looking at delving into my first watercooling experience. here's what i've picked so far:

CPU block: Aquacomputer Kryos Cuplex HF
Pump: Aquastream XT Ultra
Radiator: Swiftech MCR320-XP
Res: EK Multioption Res X2 - 150 Advanced
Tubing: Tygon 3603 3/8" ID - 1/2" OD
Coolant: Distilled water + Silver Kill Coil
Fittings: Bitspower compression matte black
Fans: Gelid Wing 12 UV Blue

first of all, Im debating if I should get the Aquaero 5 Pro or not. I know that the Aquaero interfaces with the Aquastream, but do I still need the Ultra version of the Aquastream to get all the features? Or do I only need the standard? i know they both use the Aquasuite but I'm still kinda confused on the different accessories Aqua Computer sells. Like what is the poweradjust for? and what is the aquabus?

tl;dr do the Aquastream Ultra and Aqauero share any features and is there anything else i need?

and of course, what do you think of that setup?

I'd recommend a different hose. I used R3603, and in 6 months had bad plasticizer seepage. I can post photos later. Went to Primochill.

Power adjust is for using more fans / pumps then an aquaero can handle by itself, they can also be used stand-alone. If you haven't bought the res yet, I'd get a Bitspower Z-multi instead of the EK. Same relative price, but the quality is better then what EK pushes out. Never used tygon, I use primochill UV red LRT for the last year and a bit, there's been zero plasticizer clouding.

Back