sullamander
n00b
- Joined
- Feb 8, 2012
- Messages
- 2
Hi everyone,
I just joined the forum and I am excited to get some expert advice on my first WC build! While my temps aren't too bad right now, I have something like 11 fans running in my Antex 1200 and that thing is loud. So, I have decided to take the leap into water cooling. The specs on my current rig are:
CPU: Core i7 920 at 4.0ghz
MOBO: Asus P6T
Ram: Patriot Viper 1600mhz DDR3 3x2GB
GPU: EVGA GTX295 Co-Op edition, Quad SLI
PSU: Zalman 1000w modular PSU (SLI ready)
HDD: 3x Seagate 1TB 7200RPM
SSD: Zalman N Series 64GB
Case: Antec 1200
And now a list of parts I am looking at for my loop:
CPU Block: EK Supreme HF Full Copper Edition (http:///8xf2twm)
GPU Blocks: EK-FC295 GTX Single PCB (Already acquired) (http:///7k23fgd)
Radiator: Coolgate Quad 140mm Ultimate Heat Exchanger Radiator (CG560) (http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...nger_Radiator_CG560.html?tl=g30c95s1148#blank)
Pump: MCP 650 or 655. (Need suggestions)
Res: ? Any suggestions?
Fans: Akasa 140mm x 25mm Viper PWM Fan (http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...ynamic_Bearings_AK-FN063.html?tl=g36c365s1507)
Right now I am thinking about building an external enclosure for the rad because I don't really feel like modding the crap out of my current case. I'm also planning a single loop, as I don't anticipate temps being hot enough to justify a dual with such a massive radiator.
Do you think that a 560 rad is overkill for the parts I am cooling? Should I run this in a single or dual loop? If I go for a dual loop, is it possible to run this with just one pump? or would I have to get two? Does anyone have a similar build that can give me some pointers?
Any suggestions, questions, or comments are very welcome. I will try to post some pictures of my rig and any new components I get as this project progresses, as well as some CPUID shots and info on resting and load temps. Thank you all in advance for your feedback!
I just joined the forum and I am excited to get some expert advice on my first WC build! While my temps aren't too bad right now, I have something like 11 fans running in my Antex 1200 and that thing is loud. So, I have decided to take the leap into water cooling. The specs on my current rig are:
CPU: Core i7 920 at 4.0ghz
MOBO: Asus P6T
Ram: Patriot Viper 1600mhz DDR3 3x2GB
GPU: EVGA GTX295 Co-Op edition, Quad SLI
PSU: Zalman 1000w modular PSU (SLI ready)
HDD: 3x Seagate 1TB 7200RPM
SSD: Zalman N Series 64GB
Case: Antec 1200
And now a list of parts I am looking at for my loop:
CPU Block: EK Supreme HF Full Copper Edition (http:///8xf2twm)
GPU Blocks: EK-FC295 GTX Single PCB (Already acquired) (http:///7k23fgd)
Radiator: Coolgate Quad 140mm Ultimate Heat Exchanger Radiator (CG560) (http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...nger_Radiator_CG560.html?tl=g30c95s1148#blank)
Pump: MCP 650 or 655. (Need suggestions)
Res: ? Any suggestions?
Fans: Akasa 140mm x 25mm Viper PWM Fan (http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...ynamic_Bearings_AK-FN063.html?tl=g36c365s1507)
Right now I am thinking about building an external enclosure for the rad because I don't really feel like modding the crap out of my current case. I'm also planning a single loop, as I don't anticipate temps being hot enough to justify a dual with such a massive radiator.
Do you think that a 560 rad is overkill for the parts I am cooling? Should I run this in a single or dual loop? If I go for a dual loop, is it possible to run this with just one pump? or would I have to get two? Does anyone have a similar build that can give me some pointers?
Any suggestions, questions, or comments are very welcome. I will try to post some pictures of my rig and any new components I get as this project progresses, as well as some CPUID shots and info on resting and load temps. Thank you all in advance for your feedback!
Last edited: