First water cool/custom loop

Faceless

Limp Gawd
Decided to undertake a project with building a new desk and water cool my newly built machine. I know some of the bends aren't perfect but this is my first afterno at water cooling and I had some gnarly angles. Still need to clean it up after last testing is done. I'll take completed pics later this week when I'm done.

Was going to go bigger diameter tubing but glad I settled in 1/2 for my first attempt.

Ryzen 7 2700x
Asus 2080ti
16gb Corsair
500gb Samsung Evo
Ek 140 pump
Ek rad
Ek 2080ti Waterblock
Bits power CPU block
Primochill fittings and tibing

Attachments

• IMG_20190122_195417.jpg
    IMG_20190122_195417.jpg
    542 KB · Views: 0
Not bad. Tube look a little funky though :giggle:
Just showing off or do you have questions?

Interesting. I hope someone doesn't bump into your desk or case, those fittings arnt designed to be flexible.

Wall mounted with hardline tubing. Man, that's living dangerously. Also, your drain port is way up top?

IMO you're asking for a lot of trouble with a build setup like that. Everything should be connected together by something structural if hard tubing is to be used. Also, that dye looks like it will gunk up your system real fast, not liking the way it is foaming at the top of your reservoir.

Why is your pump at the top of your loop? Pumps should never be at the top of a loop if it can be avoided. Also, that case looks massive, why not put everything inside it?

I was going for something creative/original but I realized the error if my ways when the video card has issues and I had to rma it. Tearing the whole thing down just to do that made me change it. So here's current state . I'm still not great at bending the tube but these bends are overall better than the last. The one on the bottom right looks odd in this pic.

Attachments

• IMG_20190212_214247.jpg
    IMG_20190212_214247.jpg
    466.1 KB · Views: 0
Back