first-timer on watercooling, need help.

krizzle

Gawd
Joined
Jun 28, 2004
Messages
902
Finally got my Koolance Exos with the Koolance CPU-300-H06 block. Quick question... when installing on the motherboard, do I want to have the input hose at the bottom, so that the liquid goes upwards and empties at the top hose connector? Or should the input hose be up on top, and the liquid goes downwards inside the block, to empty into the output hose at the bottom?
I reckon there isn't much issure with either one, but I just wanna check..
 
Not having looked at the design of the block, I'm guessing that the two ports are located side-by-side, and neither is centrally located? If they're next to each other, it doesn't really matter. But if one is located centrally, I'd say you want that one to be the input.

Also, consider which arrangement would be better for bleeding air from your lines.
 
Yeah well thanks for your help. As I started installing it, I realized that one inlet is not gonna be any higher than another one... the block is not positioned "sideways". I also came to the conclusion of putting it so the least air gets stuck, so the nozzles are up on top. That way, the water comes into the block, falls to the bottom of the block, sticks around and gathers heat, and then is pushed back upwards to the outlet.
 
Back
Top