First time water.

Ripbrood

Limp Gawd
A few questions I have currently as have never done this before. Just looking for a basic system and have found a couple. No extreme overclocking or nothing so not to worried my Hyper 212 does pretty good but I feel the water would be better. Here are some of the ones I am looking at, please let me know which you think would work the best. Thanks

Antec

Cooler Master

Those two units will perform very similarly to the Hyper 212+. The NH-D14 will by far outperform those units at nearly the same cost.

It takes a $100+ H100 to match the NH-D14, and even then it loses to it in noise/performance.

Alright so I see on some of these it says am3 but no am3+ will that not work ?

AM3+ uses the same mounting system as AM3, AM2+, AM2, FM1, and FM2.

Ok thanks going to microcenter to check out some of there systems there and see what I can get this down to. Under full load at 4.6ghz for gaming I see my high is 47c.

Nice choice, I went for the same one when it was on rebate on The Egg. Funny thing is I came off a Hyper 212+, running the system in my sig. Maybe it was the way I was applying the paste, or mounting the cooler, but I found that the Thermaltake solution gave me better temps all around. Not by a whole lot, but it was a noticeable improvement.

The Thermaltake systems are superior to the Corsair and Antec systems. Specifically, the 2.0 Pro is better than the H80, matches the H100, and hangs with the HN-D14.

The Thermaltake systems are superior to the Corsair and Antec systems. Specifically, the 2.0 Pro is better than the H80, matches the H100, and hangs with the HN-D14.

Funny, since the 2.0 Pro is the same OEM make as the Corsair H70 CORE. But I agree its better than the H80 and hangs with the H100.

The only difference in the 2.0PRO and the H70 CORE from corsair is the tubing. Radiators are the same, pumps and mounting are the same.

Oh and the H70 CORE is as cheap as $40 after rebate, but includes no fans. Its the first setup from Corsair that offered a fanless setup, since most people replace the fans anyways.

So far it has been great install was simple once you wrapped your mind around it. Just how they word things was not very bright however everything went well looks better and feel better knowing it is in there.

Back