First time water cooling

sl1982

Limp Gawd
Hey guys im new to the water cooling thing and wanted some opinions on if this setup will work ok for me.

Swiftech APOGEE GTZ
Swiftech MCW30 Chipset Waterblock for Most AMD & Intel Motherboards 1/2IN &3/8IN Barbs
Swiftech 7/16IN ID Vinyl Tubing 10 Feet
HW Labs Black Ice Xtreme III Triple 120MM Fan Water Cooling Radiator 1/2IN Barbs
Danger Den Delrin Fillport W/ Wrench
Swiftech MCP655-B 12V Industrial Water Cooling Pump
Feser One Fluid UV Black NON-CONDUCTIVE Water Replacement for Liquid Cooling
Primochill Black Nylon Tee Fitting for Water Cooling T Line 1/2 Inch Barbs

This is mainly going to cool my phenom 9750 and the chipset on my mobo. But could add a few more things to the system down the road. Any modifications or additions to this list?

Thanks Guys

Swiftech 7/16IN ID Vinyl Tubing 10 Feet

Nuh Un. Look for the 7/16" ID Masterkleer tubing. That's the one you want ;)

HW Labs Black Ice Xtreme III Triple 120MM Fan Water Cooling Radiator 1/2IN Barbs

This is a terrible radiator if you plan on using quiet (1200rpm and lower) fans. Check out the Black Ice Pro 3 or Swiftech MCR-320 radiators instead.

The rest looks good to me though.

I'd go with a reservoir. Bleeding is much faster...takes like a couple of minutes with my ek 250mL multi option res. Swiftech makes a smaller one if the ek ones are too big 4 your case.

Any different advice on rads? Looking for high performance while noise is secondary (as long as noise isnt too bad)

Looking to start buying stuff soon and opinions would be appreciated.

The ones I listed are better than the radiator you selected. Choose either of them.

If you want the absolute best performance, pick up a Thermochill or a Fesser (in that order).

Ok i cant seem to find the pa120.3 anywhere in canada so im looking at the feser one x-360. Is that the one you were referring to?

Ok i cant seem to find the pa120.3 anywhere in canada so im looking at the feser one x-360. Is that the one you were referring to?

Yessir, that's the one I suggested :).

But, in all honesty, I wouldn't suggest anything more than a Swiftech MCR320 for your loop... Hell, you could even add in an enthusiast GPU into the loop without too much trouble.

The fesser and thermochill radiators are about 15 and 20% better than the Swiftech radiators for about 2x the price.

Well the whole idea was to over engineer the system for when i build my beast of a system later on down the road with a minimum of 2 high performance gpu's and cpu and northbridge and possibly a hard drive cooler. Do you suggest maybe going with a 2x120mm instead of a 3x120 and just add another loop later on down the road?

No radiator, of any currently available "common" size will deal with a quad core CPU and 2 GPU's TBH...

So, there's no use going all out now in hopes of re-using that same radiator down the line again, without dumping more $$ into upgrades.

Oh ok thanks...
Will a 2x120 work well for just a quad and northbridge?
Sorry for all the questions, just dont want to make a mistake when i buy this stuff.

A dual radiator will be fine for a Quad and a NB.

Well, at least a quad to around 4.3ghz.

Sweet. So i think i will get the swiftech 220 and then i can just add another down the road. Thanks guys!

Back