First time SLI 780ti sc question with surround

Aaron_ATX

[H]ard|Gawd
Just finished installing my second evga 780TI sc driving 3 vg248qe in portrait.

All I did was turn the machine off, stick the other card in with the sli bridge and reboot. Tada, it works. However all three monitors are being driven by my original card. Is there any reason to drive other monitors off the other card? Or are all 3 ok on one card?

Seems to be fine, just curious if there is something I am missing. The nvidia sight seems not to suggest my current setup ( 1 display port, 2 dvi ).... but it sure as hell seems to work.

First benches as such....

Haven 4.0, high quality, normal tessellation, aa x2...

with one 780ti sc in factory config scores 983, 39 fps average. This is at 3240x1920.

both cards at stock clocks, scores 1713, 68 fps average.

Sure seems to be functioning to me.

I do seem to be noticing some slight hitching during the benches... wasnt there with one card. Is the the microstutter I keep hearing about?

Any other info for a first time sli'er would be great....

Last time I ran 2 cards was 3dfx era.....

You are using the darker blue and white slots right?

In Nvidia Control panel:

Make sure power management is set to maximum performance

Make sure multi display performance mode is set

Run GPUZ and see what pci-e speeds your cards are running at. (most likely x8/x8 pcie 2.0)

Lastly, bios mod both cards if you feel comfortable. preferably one w/ boost disabled.

Others should chime in shortly.

You are using the darker blue and white slots right?

In Nvidia Control panel:

Make sure power management is set to maximum performance

Make sure multi display performance mode is set

Run GPUZ and see what pci-e speeds your cards are running at. (most likely x8/x8 pcie 2.0)

Lastly, bios mod both cards if you feel comfortable. preferably one w/ boost disabled.

Others should chime in shortly.

If you are referring to the pcie slots then yes. Multi performance set. Gunna go beat on it now with dying light and see what I think.....

Hmm, well in Dying Light I am averaging 40ish fps. Which is what I was seeing before adding the second card. Guess I don't have something quite right...

Might just wana uninstall the graphics drivers and reinstall this time with both cards in.

Also you made sure SLI is enabled?

Yes all monitors must be connected to the first card.

Download MSI Afterburner, then use the overlay to monitor GPU usage during playing dying light, to see if both gpu's are working maybe?

dying light should support sli, do you have the latest driver ?
Sli support was added somewhere at the end of January for that game.
BTW I think you need to enable sli again in the nvidia control panel after a driver update (if things havent changed)

It's always a good idea to do a driver uninstall and reinstall when dropping another card in for SLI, just to be sure there are no issues.

SLI needs to be reenabled every time the driver is updated or changed.

When you go to the SLI, PhysX, Surround section of the control panel, the graphic should show a green banner connecting the two video cards that says "SLI." The "Span displays with Surround" option should be used.

On every Kepler card except TITAN, each monitor in Surround must be driven by the master card in SLI. So you're good with each monitor being connected to the top card.

You can enable an overlay in the control panel that gives an estimation to GPU usage in SLI. "SLI Visual Indicator" is an option in the Alt menus at the top. There will be a bar that appears on the left side of the screen in a game, and it will expand top-to-bottom in green when SLI is working. The more it expands, the better the scaling.

Back