First time sleeving, woops

M4573R

Gawd
I pulled all the wires out of my 8-pin EPS cable before realizing that I have no idea which way to put it back together. I found this: http://www.playtool.com/pages/psuconnectors/connectors.html#eps8

Unfortunately, I'm sleeving an AX850, so I don't know where to put the wires on the PSU end :( I can't find a diagram, so should I email corsair?
Maybe someone has a set of the pre-sleeved cables that could see the ordering.

As long as you match the positions with the wire colors, you'll be fine.

YouTube videos about sleeving PSU cables should help.

did u take them all out? as in both sides, both where it goes in the psu and the motherboard.
i have presleeved cables and non sleeved, if u want pics ill post in a bit

did u take them all out? as in both sides, both where it goes in the psu and the motherboard.
i have presleeved cables and non sleeved, if u want pics ill post in a bit

Removed both ends :( A picture of a pre-sleeved would be wonderful! That way I can just match them up!

htuzV

aiIXe

JH0ua

ill depin my stock corsair cable and try and show u, but they are all pretty much the same in color lol. so its hard to tell which goes where.

Since you have the the sleeved one, you can just follow the cables from one plug to the other. Top right pin on PSU end goes to X pin on mobo end, etc.

This is the cables 1-4 depinned, they all look the same XD
MX6qX.jpg

Sexy angle shots, bad camera
ru1e7.jpg

zJDny.jpg

Here is the difference between the 1-4 & 5-8 (only showing 1 pin from each row)
DWeBh.jpg

OHHHH i know what u mean now HAHA ok.

lemme get my sleeved cable and show ya,

imma write it in a format i guess.
To PSU
--Latch---
1--2--3--4
5--6--7--8
------------
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
Small Latch
-----------
5--6--7--8
1--2--3--4
------------
Thick Latch
To MB

Last edited:
Whats the small and thick latch? my two 4 pins each have half a latch on one side, nothing on the other.

Oh, interesting. My 4+4 plug only has latches on one side. Thanks for all the help man! I'll be able to cross-reference with my other cable and get it all back together :p

larrymoencurly said:
As long as you match the positions with the wire colors, you'll be fine.
The AX850 has all black wires :(
Why?

Take the loose wire ends of one of your disassembled cables and stick them through holes cut into a piece of cardboard that are far enough apart so the wire ends can't possibly short out. Plug the other end of the cable into the PSU and measure the voltage of each wire, and mark each wire by voltage, such as with heatshrink in the standard color for each voltage (orange for +3.3V, red for +5.0V, and yellow for +12V). Google ATX pinouts, maybe using a Google image search, to see where each of those wires is supposed to go in the connector.

Here's a double tabbed 4-pin connector to 8-pin EPS connector adapter so you can see the pinout of each:

productimg1282635088860.jpg

Back