• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

First Time OC

Muxed

n00b
Joined
Sep 19, 2008
Messages
1
Hi I read the guides but there are a few things I don't understand.

This is my system

ASUS P5N-T Deluxe
Q9450
E-VGA GTX 280 SSC
G.SKILL PC2-8500 4GB 2X2GB DDR2-1066 CL5-5-5-15 / G.SKILL F2-8500CL5D-2GBPI Pi PC2-8500 2GB 2X1GB DDR2-1066 CL5-5-5-15 (6 Gigs total)
Auzentech Prelude 7.1
500GB Seagate Barracuda
850 watt psu
Coolermaster Cosmos Case
5x120 mm fans

I tried to follow the guide but in my motherboard when I go to change the fsb speed it lists as 1333, so I'm not sure what to do.

Also I did try thinking that it was half of the speed of the cpu (1333 x 2 = 2.66 ghz) so I upped the fsb to 1400-1500-1600 and tried adjusting the voltages. It booted but about 5 seconds into windows it froze so I guess my cores shot up too high in temp.

Just wondering if anyone can help me regarding the Q9450 or my particular motherboard.

Thanks in advance.
 
no thats not what it is..

easy way to find out.. boot up in windows with your default settings.. get cpu-z start it up.. it will give you your current fsb and divider number. also you have an advantage where there have been people overclocking the q9450 so you can get some around about numbers to what you can test your overclocks at.. start low.. keep testing until you find your highest stable overclock....

id be nice and tell you what your current fsb/divider is but this is a good learning experience for you.. and its how i learned..
 
Back
Top