First time Newegg buyer - RMA or Refuse Delivery?

flurp

Weaksauce
Hi. I couldn't figure out where a post like this should go, so I tried here. If it needs to be moved, that's cool with me. =)

I ordered a an entire new build's worth of parts from Newegg. I paid for next day delivery and the rush order fee.

I had a positive experience with Customer Service as I shepherded my order through the hoops (put in for my protection) of address verification, having my wife at home to call in to Newegg so they could see my number on caller id, calling my bank and having them pre-authorize the billing, etc.

Finally, I had the order "released" in time for same day shipping for next day delivery. Yay! I was happy.

I was told by 2 CSR's that it would go the same day.

Well, I got my e-mail notifying me of the shipping numbers and it seems I only got 2 of the 3 that were needed.

2 from California were shipped. They're on the way now, shipped 8/16, on a plane somewhere.

1 from NJ did not ship. It has my MB.

I need to have all this stuff tomorrow because I have scheduled a vacation day to make sure I was home to sign for it (live in an apartment). Now, it appears as if the MB will not actually get out from the NJ Newegg warehouse until 8/17

I have a friend helping me build the thing tomorrow night. His time is limited. My time is limited.

I was thinking about just going out and buying a MB retail from a local store in the morning.

What happens if I refuse the NJ delivery on 8/18 when it gets here? Their site indicates that refusal of delivery results in a full refund of the items refused, but it implies this is in connection with shipping damage.

What about RMA's? They say they charge a restock fee, which I'd rather not pay.

How strict are they and what are your suggestions on how to handle it? Waiting until 8/18 for the MB basically means waiting until Sunday to build the thing.

Sometimes stuff gets to you early, eventhough it says 08/18 so that might happen. Keep an eye on the tracking numbers they gave you and see what FedEx says is the scheduled delivery date. If it is later than you can get your item, then you may want to call newegg.com and ask them what can be done. I guess either cancel that part of your order is the only thing that can be done at that point. Also they might not charge you a restocking fee as long as you clearly explain the circumstances that you have. They do "bend the rules" sometimes on a case by case basis.

Thanks Qwestman!

Update

I called Newegg and they gave me a new tracking number for the package that was to be shipped from NJ. I tracked the package and Fedex indicated that the Package Data had been transferred to Fedex on 8/17 (a day late) and that they did not have the package in their possession.

The csr at Newegg stayed on the phone with me during this and when i explained the situation he said I could just refuse that particular package when it came and it would be sent back to Newegg and I would be reimbursed to my credit card for the entire amount of those items.

I then complained about paying the rush charge (like $3) and next day shipping, so he gave me a total of $15 to be reimbursed in addition to the parts.

So, they did what they could for me. I will receive everything but the MB and floppy today, only have to pay the equivalent to the supersaver shipping (if that) and the main hassle is having to go buy a MB today at a local retailer.

edit - note: Obviously if you are really rushing an order at Newegg, be especially observant of which items are shipping from anywhere other than California. The time zone difference in this case, resulted in the NJ warehouse being close to the end of business EST by the time the CA accounting/order fulfillment department finished up is what caused this problem.

Overall I'm pleased with Newegg. Not seamless, but I was a very demanding customer, used up a ton of their CSR's time, and when they simply couldn't make it happen same day, they did what they could to fix the situation.

Your welcome. :)
It is true that Newegg.com has warehouses in other states. That is why when you get to the tax part of your order, it says they will charge you tax if you live in the states they list as taxable states. They have warehouses in those states. I ordered some stuff from then one time and some of my stuff came from a non-California state but somehow, all my stuff got to me the same day. :)

I had problems with them shipping items late before. If your really need it, and can't afford delay's, Don't rely on newegg.

Yeah, but you cant beat the CSR's at newegg. Whenever I need to extend an RMA deadline or change the details of an order they help me out completely and totally.

Back