- Joined
- Aug 10, 2000
- Messages
- 6,849
My old CRT died and I was forced to Rent a LCD monitor for temp use. I got a Dell W1700, it is a 17" Widescreen Monitor with HDTV support and built in TV tuner. I would have to say for its features it is a pretty good display, however at normal viewing distance I can really see the individaul pixals, the refresh rate is fairly good and when I am playing FPS games I see no ghosting but do notice a little blurring.
My needs:
Less than $400 shipped ($300 ideal price range)
No Ghosting in FPS games
Black or black and Silver color.
19" or larger.
I was looking at the Viewsonic VE1912wb However the odd standard Resolution has me worried, I know alot of games that I play are not very compatible with odd resolutions or widescreen in general. however the reviews on the eggs site and on this site make it soulnd like a really good buy.
I looked at some of the other Viewsonic monitors and all the reviews on them say they have ghosting problems even tho they are all 8ms monitors.
I could buy this same monitor I am renting on E-bay for less than $400 but once again I am going to have problems with games that don't support widescreen.
I was also considering getting one of the 24" Sony Widescreen CRTs everyone is raving about, at least with a CRT I can narrow the display to use a 3:4 resolution but then I would have black bars on the sides but that shouldn't really be a problem. However my desk is 30" deep and the monitor is 20" deep, this leaves 10" for keyboard space, thats not very much especially if I get another G15 I had before my kid spilled coke on it.
I could really use some help here making this choice.
My needs:
Less than $400 shipped ($300 ideal price range)
No Ghosting in FPS games
Black or black and Silver color.
19" or larger.
I was looking at the Viewsonic VE1912wb However the odd standard Resolution has me worried, I know alot of games that I play are not very compatible with odd resolutions or widescreen in general. however the reviews on the eggs site and on this site make it soulnd like a really good buy.
I looked at some of the other Viewsonic monitors and all the reviews on them say they have ghosting problems even tho they are all 8ms monitors.
I could buy this same monitor I am renting on E-bay for less than $400 but once again I am going to have problems with games that don't support widescreen.
I was also considering getting one of the 24" Sony Widescreen CRTs everyone is raving about, at least with a CRT I can narrow the display to use a 3:4 resolution but then I would have black bars on the sides but that shouldn't really be a problem. However my desk is 30" deep and the monitor is 20" deep, this leaves 10" for keyboard space, thats not very much especially if I get another G15 I had before my kid spilled coke on it.
I could really use some help here making this choice.