Zadiac8318
n00b
- Joined
- Jan 18, 2007
- Messages
- 1
Hey guys,
I am new to this forum and I have couple of questions to ask you experts.
First, I have the following components lying about:
500w Power supply.
2 x 120mm fans.
1 x 92mm fan.
Asus P4P800-E Deluxe motherboard.
Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz Processor FSB800 with Hyper-Threading.
Corsair 1024mb DDR400 Memory (2 x 512mb)
ATi Radeon X800 Pro 256mb Graphics Card.
2 x 200GB SATA Hard Drive 7200rpm 8MB Cache.
16 x DVD ROM drive.
NEC ND2510a DVD +/- R/RW drive.
Now, I want to recycle these components by building a SFFS. I know that the motherboard, all the fans, 1 hard drive and 1 ROM drive won't fit.
So, I looked at some motherboards and cases that could be useful:
Motherboard
Case
Then, the psu is not needed and so are the fans (since they are already included in the case). Could you please confirm the above parts and correct me if I am wrong?
(Whether all those parts can fit onto this motherboard and the case??)
Also, I would like to know whether ONE fan can keep the heats down??
Second, since my components are pretty old, I am also thinking about building a whole new system. Although I am using a desktop and not SFFS, it is very difficult to move them about when moving from one property to another. So, I was wondering whether it is possible to build a GOOD SFFS with the following components:
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 Quad Core 2.67GHz Socket LGA775, 8MB, BOXED w/fan
XFX GeForce 8800GTX 768MB DVIx2 TVO PCI-E
Corsair 1GB DDR2-6400 128Mx64 non-ECC 240 DIMM unbuffered 5-5-5-12 Heat Spreader Lifetime Warranty (CM2X1024-6400 ) x2
I couldn't think of a motherboard and also, is there a SFF case that can fit 2 hard drives, 2 ROM drives?
I am planning to spend quite a bit of money and would like to make an extreme SFFS.
Sorry for the long post but I would appreciate it if you could give suggestions or comments.
Many Thanks,
I am new to this forum and I have couple of questions to ask you experts.
First, I have the following components lying about:
500w Power supply.
2 x 120mm fans.
1 x 92mm fan.
Asus P4P800-E Deluxe motherboard.
Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz Processor FSB800 with Hyper-Threading.
Corsair 1024mb DDR400 Memory (2 x 512mb)
ATi Radeon X800 Pro 256mb Graphics Card.
2 x 200GB SATA Hard Drive 7200rpm 8MB Cache.
16 x DVD ROM drive.
NEC ND2510a DVD +/- R/RW drive.
Now, I want to recycle these components by building a SFFS. I know that the motherboard, all the fans, 1 hard drive and 1 ROM drive won't fit.
So, I looked at some motherboards and cases that could be useful:
Motherboard
Case
Then, the psu is not needed and so are the fans (since they are already included in the case). Could you please confirm the above parts and correct me if I am wrong?
(Whether all those parts can fit onto this motherboard and the case??)
Also, I would like to know whether ONE fan can keep the heats down??
Second, since my components are pretty old, I am also thinking about building a whole new system. Although I am using a desktop and not SFFS, it is very difficult to move them about when moving from one property to another. So, I was wondering whether it is possible to build a GOOD SFFS with the following components:
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 Quad Core 2.67GHz Socket LGA775, 8MB, BOXED w/fan
XFX GeForce 8800GTX 768MB DVIx2 TVO PCI-E
Corsair 1GB DDR2-6400 128Mx64 non-ECC 240 DIMM unbuffered 5-5-5-12 Heat Spreader Lifetime Warranty (CM2X1024-6400 ) x2
I couldn't think of a motherboard and also, is there a SFF case that can fit 2 hard drives, 2 ROM drives?
I am planning to spend quite a bit of money and would like to make an extreme SFFS.
Sorry for the long post but I would appreciate it if you could give suggestions or comments.
Many Thanks,