First time ATI owner

JayD

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 27, 2004
Messages
339
I just traded in my 6800GT for an X850XT with CompUSA's replacement plan because I was getting interference through the DVI port on my new 2005FPW with the 6800GT. Anyways, I was wondering what program everyone uses to overclock their Radeon cards? I know its a stupid question, but I searched the threads for a while with no luck then decided to be lazy and post. I haven't actually gotten a chance to put the card into my system yet, I'll be doing that after work this evening.
 
I use ATI tool, primarily because you can also use it to control the fan speeds. In the past I had always used radlinker because it doesn't add an extra program that runs.
 
I'm also using ATi Tool. I like being able to set up custom o/c profiles. It also has an artifact checker, so you can check your overclocks without having to fire up a game and run that to see if it stable.
 
Thanks, I'll give 'em both a try when I get home. Are there any conflicts that arise if I want to use ATI tool to find my max overclock w/o artifacts then use Riva Tuner to apply those settings so I don't have an extra program running in the background?
 
ATi Tool is such a small program that even if it is running in the background, resource usage isn't worth mentioning.
 
Back
Top