• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

First problem overclocking..

booGamiHXC

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 15, 2004
Messages
81
So after a long 4 month duration of stock speeds. I decided it was time to OC my rig again. So I go into my bios(ABIT ic7-g II with a 3.0c/ht P4) and change the settings to 230 which would land at around a 3.45 clockspeed. Reboot. And whaddya know, my HDs(samsung sata's) aren't showing up on the preliminary boot. So I reset the settings. And ponder..I then set the clock to 201. Boot's up just fine. I reboot, go into the bios again and set it to 204. Boot's up fine. 205. The HD will not appear on boot...

I figure it could be just these problems
-HD is damaged
-Motherboard was damaged in the process of installing it into my new case
-CPU?

Has anyone ever been confronted with this problem before?

Built this rig august of 04.
 
Does it show up at stock speed? Unplug it, boot up, shut down when you get a system disk error, put the hard drive back in and cross your fingers. If that doesn't work, reset the CMOS and try again.
 
Talonz said:
Does it show up at stock speed? Unplug it, boot up, shut down when you get a system disk error, put the hard drive back in and cross your fingers. If that doesn't work, reset the CMOS and try again.

But before resetting cmos make sure you relax your memory timings a bit @ 230 fsb if u are running 1:1
 
Back
Top