First Post!

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Use this forum to discuss Hot Deals, rebates, etc.

so i assume this would be the one place where linking to a different thread in the forum would be alright, as it would help people figure out what every one is talking about

This gives us a place to park threads rather than close them outright. This will fill the crack in the system between [H]otDeals and the discussion of [H]otDeals :cool:

I thought something looked different. :)

I love how fast this was acted upon. A good idea, I think. If anything, to keep the original Hot Deal thread cleaner.

Holy crap, that was fast - I am flattered that my idea was received so well!

More like Kyle caved in from the requests he's received over the years. Hope you didn't throw out your shoulder patting yourself on the back for nothing. :cool:

Exactly what would you suggest we modify?

I think it looks good as is. As you said earlier, this subforum has a great intended use of the mods/admins just moving the long discussed, expired [H]otdeals to this forum, doesn't seem to complicated.

You have been here 5 years...when is the last time you knew of Kyle caving in to anything? :p

It was suggested, it was a good idea and was implimented. From all of the suggested changes maybe 1 in 500 make enough sense to make the needed change. This happened to be one.

I like the idea of this subforum.

Just a question: So can we use this forum to ask for help in finding a deal on an item ?

For example if i am looking for a hot deal on somthing and i cant seem to find one, is it ok to start a thread in here stating: looking for or "LF: Hot deal on item XYZ" ?

This would be great as it would help others in accessing the great resource of smart people here who just always seem to know where deals are and how to find them.;)

I like the idea of this subforum.

Just a question: So can we use this forum to ask for help in finding a deal on an item ?

For example if i am looking for a hot deal on somthing and i cant seem to find one, is it ok to start a thread in here stating: looking for or "LF: Hot deal on item XYZ" ?

This would be great as it would help others in accessing the great resource of smart people here who just always seem to know where deals are and how to find them.;)

Yes. I don't see any harm in that at all. If it warrants being a "Hot Deal" whoever can then post it on the Hot Deals page.

This forum is to discuss the deals on the Hot Deals page. Hopefull this will get some of the discussion out of the HD main forum when it should be about the deals posting. We will see how it goes.

You have been here 5 years...when is the last time you knew of Kyle caving in to anything? :p

It was suggested, it was a good idea and was implimented. From all of the suggested changes maybe 1 in 500 make enough sense to make the needed change. This happened to be one.

Well, I believe I had suggested this very thing a few months ago ( I know I'm not the only one who has) about the Zune deal. I was told at the time to move any discussion to the Computers & Gadgets forum. Oh well, whatever. At least it's here and we don't have a need for meaningless BS to be posted in the deal threads anymore.

Nice to have a section to follow-up on stuff like rebates and cancellations... this should help us keep better track of vendors by allowing threads to stay open.

Thanks for setting this up, Kyle. Been wanting something like that for a while. Most of the time, it gets posted in [H]otDEALS itself and gets closed very very quickly because (surprise!) it's not a [H]otDEAL.

very cool.. i just hope this subforum doesnt get abused.. as long as everyone behaves themselves :p

Great idea, Kyle! :cool:

very cool.. i just hope this subforum doesnt get abused.. as long as everyone behaves themselves :p

I hear you, such as if someone posts a HD DVD player hot deal and a Blu-ray fanboy disses it. (Or vice versa.)

So the purpose of this forum is to discuss but not list hot deals? So, in theory, you would post a hot deal in the hot deals forum, but go to another forum to comment on it? I predict lots of double posting, even more confusion, and the end of the world in 2043.

Call me nuts but I like all of the info in one thread. Someone posts about a great deal, people buy it, and users comment on it...only to end with someone saying where to buy it cheaper.

The intent of [H]otDeals is to post....well, hot deals. These threads all too often turn into discussions and get closed since they no longer serve thier original purpose. Instead of closing threads, they will be moved here for all the discuission you want. You can also request deals that aren't listed, which isn't allowed in the mainforum either. It will work out mainly because we want it to and it will help members.

So the purpose of this forum is to discuss but not list hot deals? So, in theory, you would post a hot deal in the hot deals forum, but go to another forum to comment on it? I predict lots of double posting, even more confusion, and the end of the world in 2043.

Call me nuts but I like all of the info in one thread. Someone posts about a great deal, people buy it, and users comment on it...only to end with someone saying where to buy it cheaper.

Back