first post from new laptop =)

ullyeus

Supreme [H]ardness
It aint the faster or sleekest but its exactly what I want!

Inspiron 1100
celeron 2.4
256mb ram
dvdrom
14inch screen
wireless card (surfing right now!)

For $550usd

pics:
inspirondesk.JPG

inspironcat.JPG

inspironclosed.JPG

inspironopen.JPG

I'll trade ya! speedstep for 800MHz... lol
enjoy man, those seem to be pretty solid units... not gamers, but good computers nonetheless.

heh, its good, my teacher has one of them. but upgrade the ram if u want the proformance that the 2.4 can give.

The 2.4 normally gets spanked by a Athlon 1.2GHz or a PIII Tulahan. P4 Celeron and performance don't go hand and hand.

On the other hand for $550.00 you can't ask for a whole bunch. If looks like your enjoying DVD's and it should surf, email with the best of them.

Family Guy
"Is that the blood of Jesus? Man he must have been waisted all the time!"

I'd say a crucial.com memory upgrade would serve you well. Nice laptop for the price.

Originally posted by Kingofl337
The 2.4 normally gets spanked by a Athlon 1.2GHz or a PIII Tulahan. P4 Celeron and performance don't go hand and hand.

On the other hand for $550.00 you can't ask for a whole bunch. If looks like your enjoying DVD's and it should surf, email with the best of them.

Family Guy
"Is that the blood of Jesus? Man he must have been waisted all the time!"

exactly

I could have got a p4 for like $80 usd more but I just didnt think it was worth it once I thought what I was going to use this for.

ie:

movies
email
instant message
surfing
programming (not compiling alot)
and things like website demos and powerpoint

this is really just an extra toy for me right now anyways, if I decide I suit a laptop then I plan to sell my main system and this and get something kick ass.

If I dont suit a laptop and this joins the legions of other computer goods I only used for a week ill sell it for a fair price.

kinda win/win either way

If you ever decide that you need more power you can drop a P4 chip into it. As long as its 1.5v and 400Mhz it will work.

Back