• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

First mod - 120mm Fan Mount

M4573R

Gawd
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
522
I just bought a Lian Li PC-P50 and I didn't think it had enough intake, so I decide to fill the middle empty bays with a couple extra 120mm fans. (I had two 1200 RPM scythe slipstreams left over from previous purchase). I can't really say its my mod at all because I didn't make the brackets. My father did it in his aluminum workshop because I can't work his milling machines. So anyways, I took some pictures:

(I apologize about the quality, I used my phone)

We didn't have any aluminum angle bracket, so it was milled out of solid aluminum cut from this chunk:
noname4t.jpg


Getting milled out:
nonameeng.jpg


Holes tapped:
noname3s.jpg


How it will attach to the fan:
noname2hmk.jpg


Fan sandwich with rubber o-rings bolted together:
noname5z.jpg


In the case:
noname6h.jpg


Wiring overall:
noname7f.jpg


Bay covers still fit and have dust filters in them:
noname8i.jpg


So there you have it.
 
Last edited:
i thought it was counter productive to mount two fans on top of each other...???

Not necessarily - physics dictates 2 fans on top of each other (blowing in the same direction at least) will not double the speed, but they will double the pressure.
 
Not necessarily - physics dictates 2 fans on top of each other (blowing in the same direction at least) will not double the speed, but they will double the pressure.

ahhh yes, when dealing with strictly physics, but i thought the real world results showed it was not beneficial .....last i read...perhaps only when it comes to cfm though..
 
ahhh yes, when dealing with strictly physics, but i thought the real world results showed it was not beneficial .....last i read...perhaps only when it comes to cfm though..

I couldn't necessarily imagine a reason to do it, but if I absolutely positively wanted to make sure I had higher or lower internal pressure in my case, you'd simply need to make sure your intake (or exhaust) was 1 fan greater than the exhaust (intake) - if you wanted to insure it, double up the fans.
 
Back
Top