First Mechanical KB - Space Saver - KBC Poker or Noppoo Choc

lanken123

Weaksauce
My Logitech wireless KB is starting to die on me. no worries, never liked the thing and the only reason I kept it was because it was a gift. After almost two years of use and never still running on the batteries that came with it, I've decided to invest a quality mechanical keyboard. I'm looking for a few specifics though.

1) Build quality - I don't a $130 KB breaking on me after a few months, especially when its coming from ebay so no warranty(i assume?)

2)Gaming is #1. I just graduated from college so no more late nights staying up working on assignments. I play different genres but mostly RTS and FPSs.

so, which would you guys recommend?

Last edited:
There appear to be have been QC issues with both keyboards (Poker's frame, Choc's faded lettering), but they may just be first-run issues. At any rate, the Poker should be out of the question for you anyway, since it's a 60% layout. Do you intend on using the function layer (unless you do some remapping, there's a single fn key on the right side of the keyboard) in order to get to the F1-F12 keys? If the games you play don't make use of those keys, then I suppose either would be fine...

Congrats on graduating. I've got a couple more weeks yet.

I can't comment on the two you named, but if you don't mind a slightly bigger keyboard (still smaller than normal), check out the Leopolds at elitekeyboards. They're ~$120 shipped and carry one year warranties.

Like you said they both have seperate issues, the nopoo is the better choice out of the 2 for what you are looking for although you may wanna take a look at a PLU(Check Ebay) or the duckys thats are on PCHome right now that are around 90$(Check geekhack for the Pchome thread in the great finds section).

I'd go with a tenkeyless Leopold or a choc mini. The remapable capslock/ctrl function on the choc mini is pretty awesome. It also maintains the function keys which I know I use quite often in several games.

I'd go with a tenkeyless Leopold or a choc mini. The remapable capslock/ctrl function on the choc mini is pretty awesome. It also maintains the function keys which I know I use quite often in several games.

I've checked out the leapold tenkeyless and tbh, with the small desk I have I'd like to save as much space as possible.

Like you said they both have seperate issues, the nopoo is the better choice out of the 2 for what you are looking for although you may wanna take a look at a PLU(Check Ebay) or the duckys thats are on PCHome right now that are around 90$(Check geekhack for the Pchome thread in the great finds section).

so far two votes for the noppoo

Congrats on graduating. I've got a couple more weeks yet.

I can't comment on the two you named, but if you don't mind a slightly bigger keyboard (still smaller than normal), check out the Leopolds at elitekeyboards. They're ~$120 shipped and carry one year warranties.

Thanks! tbh doesn't feel that great, gunna have to find a full-time job and a new place.

I love my Choc Mini, but if things like inconsistency in brightness of the printing on keys is going to bother you, steer clear. I type in a dark environment and as such I don't see the lettering anyways so it wouldn't bother me to begin with. You may end up with a key or two that are elevated above others. A bit of pressure and wiggling applied to the key in question should sort that out.

The functionality, form and layout is excellent. I like the feel of the keys they use as well (Supposedly POM), they feel great together with MX browns.

Build quality in general is OK. After having 2 (about to be 3) Filcos in my possession, it's hard to really see anything measure up.

Back