First Major Update For Windows 10 Available Today

Best way to install two systems that have no hope of interacting nicely with each other (EG Linux and Windows), install the two systems as completely different systems (IE attach 1 SSD only and install, replace SSD and install again), and use a 5.25" dock that lets you switch between SSD's like you would with optical media, something like Icy Dock MB971SP.

I have completely stopped bothering with Dual Boot or ever having two OS's sharing any harddrive ecosystems. MS can't even do multi-boot with itself properly.

Best way to install two systems that have no hope of interacting nicely with each other (EG Linux and Windows), install the two systems as completely different systems (IE attach 1 SSD only and install, replace SSD and install again), and use a 5.25" dock that lets you switch between SSD's like you would with optical media, something like Icy Dock MB971SP.

I have completely stopped bothering with Dual Boot or ever having two OS's sharing any harddrive ecosystems. MS can't even do multi-boot with itself properly.

Haven't they brought out simple SATA switching with a spare bay panel so you can switch from drive to drive?

Not at all. you claimed something that was obviously not the case, and if you werent a MS apologist (with a love for accusing anyone that has gripes about what MS may do and simply voices their concerns or dislikes, is anti-MS) then you better hold yourself to the same set of rules.

Again with the big claims. And how would you, a mear mortal, know this? Certainly can't be due to them ability to fix issues 9or more glaringly, the lack of them doing), which is what the rest of us have to go by.

Okay.. you're nearly there... i know the words will be difficult to pass over your lips.. but say it with me now... Its because they have a lack of attention to detail. Now, that wasn't so hard was it?

Another wild guess that contradicts your early "i dont know but i do know" stance. Well done Mr McBackwardsBlind!

See, rose colored glasses. What you're really seeing here is some low hanging fruit being picked. And no.. not to please users and give them a better experience. But to make them feel that they are gathering "telemetry" to "enhance your experience".

It will be once you realise and say those words without trying to muddy the waters or claim "what i meant was". Just say it with me now... so we can move on with having got to a solid conclusion.... Microsoft are lacking an attention to detail.

not so difficult. :D

Your opinions are not facts and never will be. Also, most "concerns and dislikes" around here are expressed in outright hatred and you know it.

Haven't they brought out simple SATA switching with a spare bay panel so you can switch from drive to drive?

If I understood what you are saying, no, I haven't seen anything of the sort.

But I personally wouldn't use it, because there are still uses for being able to physically change the drives when switching from one drive to another without needing to take the case apart.

Again with the big claims. And how would you, a mear mortal, know this? Certainly can't be due to them ability to fix issues 9or more glaringly, the lack of them doing), which is what the rest of us have to go by.

People have complained about UI inconsistencies in Windows forever. It's not exactly a secret.

Okay.. you're nearly there... i know the words will be difficult to pass over your lips.. but say it with me now... Its because they have a lack of attention to detail. Now, that wasn't so hard was it?

Whatever you want to call it doesn't matter to me. These are issues that have to be well known to Microsoft. All you have to do it look at the feedback tool to see them being reported.

Another wild guess that contradicts your early "i dont know but i do know" stance. Well done Mr McBackwardsBlind!

See, rose colored glasses. What you're really seeing here is some low hanging fruit being picked. And no.. not to please users and give them a better experience. But to make them feel that they are gathering "telemetry" to "enhance your experience".

It will be once you realise and say those words without trying to muddy the waters or claim "what i meant was". Just say it with me now... so we can move on with having got to a solid conclusion.... Microsoft are lacking an attention to detail.

not so difficult. :D

What's what so difficult about seeing inconsistencies that have long been there? Lack of attention to detail, laziness, whatever, I simply pointed out that there are inconsistences in those details. There's even inconsistencies in how the inconsistences are handled. Like the multiple monitor snapping. That's not the kind of detail that someone that lacks attention to detail would normally deal with, even though there are inconsistences that have been around much longer.

You're too quick to judge and when all I am doing it pointing out the reality of things.

You can use the brightness slider in the control panel power options section. However, on the right side swipe menu, it is still only in 25% increments, I just tried it on my Surface Pro 1.

Thanks for the clarification, guess I'll have to upgrade now. Still seems weird they would do that in the swipe menu I mean what possible reason is there for reducing it (if they changed the type of control maybe but to loose functionality and still have a slider is strange)? Is it easier on small tablets or something? Fortunately I don't need to change too often.

Maybe Microsoft is missing something, how about a power users version for say $20 extra that lets us choose how Windows works and lets us fully customize including all colors like we used to be able to do i.e. restoring a lot of what we've lost over the years in user settings and when and if it communicates with MS or anyone all without having to go to various 3rd party tools which may or may not work or be broken by an upgrade. Or maybe I've just become a computer luddite and long for the good old days.

Is it only me that noticed significantly weaker SSD performance in Win 10 compared to Win 7, we're talking like 100MB/s lower read. :mad: I'm dualbooting with Win 7 until MS can get their shit right.

I also had probs with getting the setup to start (booting from usb stick), turns out it didn't like having one of my HDDs plugged in into a specific port... there's no issues if exchanging the sata cable with another HDD... :rolleyes:

If I understood what you are saying, no, I haven't seen anything of the sort.

But I personally wouldn't use it, because there are still uses for being able to physically change the drives when switching from one drive to another without needing to take the case apart.

No sorry I didn't explain myself clearly enough. I meant a digital control panel with buttons that hooks in between the SATA drives and the motherboard enabling initial boot drive selection or just switching off of drives.

Is it only me that noticed significantly weaker SSD performance in Win 10 compared to Win 7, we're talking like 100MB/s lower read. :mad: I'm dualbooting with Win 7 until MS can get their shit right.

I also had probs with getting the setup to start (booting from usb stick), turns out it didn't like having one of my HDDs plugged in into a specific port... there's no issues if exchanging the sata cable with another HDD... :rolleyes:

Mines gone up!

Must be you! ;):D

Back