First mac ever and a problem

doh

user
Hi guys, I got a macbook pro last month and I have a problem with it, I think.

With any pair of headphones the left channel is staticy. It appears that a standard jack isn't getting a full seating in the side of the mac. Does Apple have some weird size jack?

Aside from this I love the MBP. What sort of recourse do I have to get this repaired?

Hmm... Mine works fine on almost every set of headphones I've ever used. If the headset uses a non standard length pin though, it's totally possible for it not to fit. Since that line out is an optical out too, it's possible that a weird sized plug just won't work in the jack.

I've never experienced a problem like that either. You could try it in boot camp to see if the problem persists. I'm not very savvy when it comes to mac drivers but atleast you could rule them out as the culprit. You probably already checked for obstructions and such. Good Luck, theres always Apple Care.

What would applecare do? A colleague took his macbook there and it took 2 weeks to fix!

What would applecare do? A colleague took his macbook there and it took 2 weeks to fix!

And I'm assuming his problem got fixed, 2 weeks is really not that long in terms of repair. Applecare would get your problem fixed too and there's no garuantee it will even take that long since your friend's problem was likely unrelated. If you're having static on the line it should get fixed. If it's a new system it shouldn't cost you anything.

And I'm assuming his problem got fixed, 2 weeks is really not that long in terms of repair. Applecare would get your problem fixed too and there's no garuantee it will even take that long since your friend's problem was likely unrelated. If you're having static on the line it should get fixed. If it's a new system it shouldn't cost you anything.

Thanks... I'll look into it.

Back