First iPhone 6 Sold In Australia Dropped On Live TV

So fucking what. What I'm astounded by is how this was trending on the news sites the second it hit the net.

The surrounding reactions also prove that most people are fucking scum that feed off the misery and misfortune of others.

So fucking what. What I'm astounded by is how this was trending on the news sites the second it hit the net.

The surrounding reactions also prove that most people are fucking scum that feed off the misery and misfortune of others.

:)

Judging by how many Apple articles there are on the first page of Front Page News, you really shouldn't be surprised with how anything involving the company is suddenly headline news.

I saw that on FB this morning. The guy was nervous or jittery just opening the box. It was pretty obvious he was going to become an Internet sensation today, filed under "epic fail". :p

Pretty much any smart phone is over $500 unsubsidized. Technology isn't cheap. Even flip phones 10 years ago cost $400+ off contract.
nokia smartphones were twice that :|

anyway, maybe Apple will make good on this and the guy looks like a nice enough guy it's not like he freaked out or anything. probably be bummed later but I suspect someone will reach out to him soon enough

Its amazing how fast anything Apple trends. For the most part it seems that a majority of the people waiting to post are frothing at the mouth anticipating for their chance to scream "LOELZ APPLE SUCKS!"

Yea. That noise is the typical aussie bogan crowd roar. Gives me the shits.

At least apple succeeded in their packaging. They want the phone to be show cased when you open the box, it sure did end up an experience he'll remember. Pretty magical how it did a flip and then a barrel roll all by itself too.

What would have actually been news was if apple did a swap on the spot for him.

I can't believe Apple would design their packaging to allow something like that to happen. The guy didn't drop the box or anything odd. The phone just flipped out. Assuming that's how it is packages Apple screwed up. Clearly this is not the first time something like this has happened. Customers shouldn't have to know that coudl happen just from pull the cover off.

Also, if the screen cracked that is pretty pathetic. I've dropped my 2+ year old Galaxy Blaze 10+ times and it still hasn't cracked. If it cracks that easily then it seems clear Apple wants them to crack to make more money..

I agree that's poor design. But I think most will unbox on a table where if the phone falls out, it'll only fall the height of the box. I would never unbox something while standing up w/o the safety net of a table.

How douchy is that news lady?!

First off, it's not really news to put the camera on whoever buys the first iPhone in Australia.

But it's REALLY not news to show a clip of another person's misfortune just for laughs!

How douchy is that news lady?!

First off, it's not really news to put the camera on whoever buys the first iPhone in Australia.

But it's REALLY not news to show a clip of another person's misfortune just for laughs!
Did you laugh at that video? If so, don't call her douchy. Call her an entertainer. :cool:

Back