First Intel build. Asus P5N-D Sli & e3110

Ub3rn00b

[H]ard|Gawd
System is running great. Tons faster than my old x2 4400 on my asus a8n sli premium.

However, I cannot seem to overclock this thing for nothing. The bios options are a bit unfamilar to me. The only "fsb" anything I can change is the thing that's set at 1333 and then I can change the memory speed as well. I can choose to link it or unlink it.

I've read that these procs can get great overclocks without changing voltage. As with any overclock, I started with minimal changes. I went from 1333 to 1400 on the number there. System didn't post. Got the message about "failed post: press f1 or del to enter setup" blah blah blah. Tried 1350...same message. Tried 1340...same message. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? The "overclock options" in the bios says "disabled". I tried raising the vcore ever so slightly. Didn't make difference. Tried putting it on 1.35...same message. Any ideas here?

Using supertalent ddr 2 800mhz 4gb in 2gig sticks. I tried it with unlinked so the ram stays at 800mhz...still no post.

In windows xp, the ai booster lets me raise FSB to 350 when it does the calibration for turbo mode or whatever. Can't do jack in bios though. I'm a complete n00b on intel systems and this bios. I've tried to do searches and found great information on overclocking. Just not specific information on this motherboard and setup. Thanks!!

31 views of this topic and no help yet. Ok then. Posting in some other forums. Thanks!

You most likely have a few options in the bios you need to turn off eist, speed step, and spread spectrum are all good things to turn off when overclocking

also you may want to make sure you have you memory frequency unlocked from the fsb, or else when you go from 1333 to 1400 your memory could be going from 800 mhz to 900...

hope this helps,

You most likely have a few options in the bios you need to turn off eist, speed step, and spread spectrum are all good things to turn off when overclocking

also you may want to make sure you have you memory frequency unlocked from the fsb, or else when you go from 1333 to 1400 your memory could be going from 800 mhz to 900...

hope this helps,

First of all, thanks for the response.
A buddy of mine has the same exact ram at 1100mhz or there abouts. Going from 800mhz to 810mhz isn't even doable. However, I did try unlinking the ram. Same lack of overclocking ability.

I do have all of those things disabled except possibly the spread spectrum. I'll have to take a second look at that.

I found a post on the asus forums about the correct settings to use for this board and proc...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got the e3110 up to 3.6ghz...w00tness

ht 1.34
nb 1.34
sb auto
fsb 1600
vcore 1.30

oc.JPG

Go up to 1.4 vcore and 1.35 on the chipsets and 4 should be doable (1800 fsb)

I haven't seen a single wolfdale that wouldn't do 4 yet.

I'm sure it WOULD do 4...but I'm in no hurry to burn out my chip :D
I guess I could try it just to see if it'll hit 4.0.

Back