First Impressions of Vista Thread

Running beautifully here

Ya I had to spend awhile tweaking and whatnot, but I use it as my full time OS now

Desktop.JPG

Has anybody successfully got nvidia SATA Raid drivers to install/work with Vista?

Wow, your system gets a 3?

My system gets a 3 as well, and it would definatly be quite a bit slower than yours.... the only reason its getting a 3 too is that the processor score is at 3.8 at 3.6Ghz (MAX3 is gone ATM) and I might be able to hit a 4 with some more clocking...

Well my SATA on my Abit KV8Pro worked just fine. I put in a brand spanking new SATA drive and formatted in XP and installed on that and all is well.

One thing I dislike about Vista is that annoying pop up crap when ever you want to do something administrative. I found how to turn it off but then you get the security center bothering you down in the task bar. I hate icons that do not need to be there being there so I turned it back on. Probably will disable it again once I play around, it is nice to see that on the end user side it will be there but I know what I am installing so no need for it. Minor annoyance.

I did install Office 2007 Beta 2 on the Vista side as well and they work nicely together.

Now I just wish I could find Intellitype software that worked with Vista. Sad that MS can not even make there own software notice that Vista is newer than 2K/XP which is the error I get after installing the software. Latest version 5.5 I was trying. Hopefully someone may have an answer to my issue here. Since none of my nice extra buttons on my MS Wireless keyboard work now in Vista.

Also noticed today my network icon for my wireless NIC disappeared for some reason from the taskbar. No idea why and the setting on the network card properties is no longer there to set the icon to show. Happened after an update today!

I might've liked it, had I not gotten a MacBook Pro just a week prior (OS X).

Eh... I'll stick to XP on my PC.

Back