First game I should play after 4 years?

I just wanted to give a boost for fallout 3, I hadn't played any game as much since oblivion came out really fun good combat, decent story, great customizability, and so on story was a little shorter than expected, and for rts Company of Heroes is the game plus the full game expansion opposing fronts, world in conflict is good but not as much fun

Fall Out 3
Call of Duty 4
Sins of a Solar Empire
World in Conflict
Company of Heroes
Bioshock
Orange Box
Left 4 Dead
GRID
The Witcher
STALKER
Crysis
Supreme Commander

Coming soon, very promising titles:
Empire Total War
Dragon Age
Dawn of War 2
F.E.A.R. 2

If you play real time strategy, the ultimate test of that rig is Supreme Commander Forged Alliance. It pushes harder than any game on the market. Probably one of the best games of the past four years. After that I would prioritize like this:

1. Call of Duty 4
2. Half Life: The Orange Box (HL2, EP1, EP2, TEAM FORTRESS 2, PORTAL)
3. Gears of War (PC) if you did not play it on console.
4. Mirror's Edge (PC)
5. Crysis and Crysis Warhead
6. Left 4 Dead
7. Grand Theft Auto 4 (PC)
8. Bioshock
9. Unreal Tournament 3
10. Quake 4

Runner Up Oblivion. Note I haven't played Fallout 3 Yet.

Blackstone posted a pretty good list, I would add STALKER (never played Clear Sky, but I actually did enjoy the original), Fallout 3, and FEAR (I think it actually came out a little more than 4 years ago but it's worth recognition).

To be honest though, If you get only one of the Crysis games, get Warhead as its leaps and bounds better in single player. It is a little shorter, but its much much more action packed. Crysis was fun though, don't get me wrong. If your wallet isn't hurting after all of the other games, I would get both.

I think the best game out in years is COD4.

I know that Crysis is a graphical masterpiece, but as a game it's got no replay value.

Far Cry 2 is GTA in Africa.

COD4 and look for G:13 Clan's freezetag mod...now that's gaming at it's best (IMO)

And if you like arcadey style racing games, GRID is a hoot, and it's pretty as all hell

COD 4 is a must for the awesome campaign.
One of the very few FPSs that gives you such an immersive experience.
Most of the games which I would recommend are already stated so happy gaming :)

I just bought a new comp at Newegg to replace my Pentium 4 and Radeon 9600. It's an i7 920 and a GTX 295. I haven't played any new games since Doom 3 cause my computer couldn't run them. What game should I buy first? Crysis? Crysis Warhead? Fallout 3? Give me some suggestions!

FEAR.

Quake 4
Farcry 2
Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Dead Space
Fallout 3
Oblivion
Medal of Honor Airborne
Brothers in Arms Hells Highway
UT3
COD4
COD5

Those are just a few

Those are just a few, and only like 3 of them should be played...

Ok guys thx for all the suggestions. I just bought Crysis and Crysis: Warhead. As soon as I build my comp I'll play those then after that I'll play these in this order:

01. Fallout 3
02. FEAR
03. Bioshock
04. Left 4 Dead
05. Far Cry 2
06. COD 4
07. GRID
08. GTA 4
09. Dead Space
10. Stalker
11. God Of War
12. Mass Effect

I guess FEAR 2 will be out when I finish playing all that lol. Already played HL2. Too bad Resident Evil 5 won't be for PC.

Don't buy COD4, unless you get it used for cheap. $50 is way to much to pay for such a short storyline. Its beautiful. But its short.

MUST BUY:
Orange Box
The Witcher

Those have kept me busy for quite a while. After that? I hear Bioshock and L4D are worth their purchase price, as well.

Portal FTW. It's one of the most original, innovative, and fun games I've ever played. I'll keep my list small, so check out Crysis, either of the CoD's (they're basically the same and both fun IMO), Fallout 3, and the Orange Box (which includes Portal).

Don't buy COD4, unless you get it used for cheap. $50 is way to much to pay for such a short storyline. Its beautiful. But its short.

MUST BUY:
Orange Box
The Witcher

Those have kept me busy for quite a while. After that? I hear Bioshock and L4D are worth their purchase price, as well.

I would GLADLY pay 50 dollars for it again if I had never played it, hell if I lost my CD Key I'd pay another 50 because the Multiplayer is some of the best online even after a year.

The Witcher and Orange Box I agree with however.

Left 4 dead is great fun if you have some friends you can play with.

Fallout3 is great fun but main story way to short.

I'm out.

Warcraft 3
Age of Empires 3

I could say the same about you. Those two games up above suck IMO, they are just generic RTS games. I would pick:

Mediaval Total War2
Sword of the Stars
Black Shark
Silent Hunter 4
Civ4
Fallout3
The Witcher

Ok so I built my new computer and got some games. Here's what I think of the ones I've played so far.

Crysis/Warhead - Very nice too bad my gtx 295 is defective and since I live in south america will have to wait till I can buy another card from the us and play the game at very high specs like I deserve to after paying $500.

Fallout 3 - Actually very good too bad for the cheap ending.

Devil May Cry 4 - Played for 1 hour with xbox 360 controller and got a little bored.

Assassin's Creed - Got to play the intro, looks pretty nice. The story is pretty ridiculous though. Genetic memory? Lol.

Grid - Cool game. It's a lot better to play with the xbox 360 controller. What I miss from games like Gran Turismo is you can't choose the cars you buy and tune them.

Far Cry 2 - Played it for an hour. I'll resume it in a while. Haven't played enough to judge it.

WoW - Quests are annoying as hell. Go kill 20 dinosaurs. Go kill 30 bears. Go kill 20 etc. Though once you get to lvl 80 you can actually start playing with other players in tough dungeons and raids and the game gets interesting.

That's pretty much it for now. The only game that actually trapped me was Fallout 3. The ending disappointed me though.

Fallout 3 isn't really an RPG as much as it's just a sandbox environment. Yeah, they threw some dialogue on top of the world to make it feel alive, but the more you play it the more dead everything really seems to be. Go ahead, go out into the world and do something, just don't expect it to have an effect on any other part of the world or anyone to know about it but you.

Ok so I built my new computer and got some games. Here's what I think of the ones I've played so far.

Crysis/Warhead - Very nice too bad my gtx 295 is defective and since I live in south america will have to wait till I can buy another card from the us and play the game at very high specs like I deserve to after paying $500.

Fallout 3 - Actually very good too bad for the cheap ending.

Devil May Cry 4 - Played for 1 hour with xbox 360 controller and got a little bored.

Assassin's Creed - Got to play the intro, looks pretty nice. The story is pretty ridiculous though. Genetic memory? Lol.

Grid - Cool game. It's a lot better to play with the xbox 360 controller. What I miss from games like Gran Turismo is you can't choose the cars you buy and tune them.

Far Cry 2 - Played it for an hour. I'll resume it in a while. Haven't played enough to judge it.

WoW - Quests are annoying as hell. Go kill 20 dinosaurs. Go kill 30 bears. Go kill 20 etc. Though once you get to lvl 80 you can actually start playing with other players in tough dungeons and raids and the game gets interesting.

That's pretty much it for now. The only game that actually trapped me was Fallout 3. The ending disappointed me though.

You've missed out some good ones. Namely The Witcher, The Orange Box and Stalker SoC, Clear Sky, Dead Space and Mirror's Edge.

Mediaval Total War2
Sword of the Stars
Black Shark
Silent Hunter 4
Civ4
Fallout3
The Witcher

of those, Civ 4 is the best IMO....

just got into Medieval 2... horrible, horrible game ... (this, coming from a huge Rome TW fan....)

and Warcraft 3 isn't bad at all... its extremely fast pace might turn some off, but for those that can handle it, it is tops......

OP you just started the thread today and already four pages of great games.

Let me put in my .2 cents then.

Oblivion
HL2 with its two Episodes, especially Episode 2, it is such a great game.
Bioshock
Chronicles of Riddick
If you want to try an MMO but don't want to pay monthly, try Guild Wars it is a fun game.

if I had to pick only one, Orange Box... because it's got a lot of great games in one... and it reminds me of this hot chick I used to date. ;)

FPS: Fallout3, Crysis/Warhead, Bioshock, Call of Duty 4
RTS: Company of Heroes, Supreme Commander
RPG: The Witcher
Racing: DiRT, GRID

If only you had a chance to play Metal Gear Solid 4.

That would be the game of my choice, by far the best thing to come along in a very long time.

I hadn't played much games for 2 and a half years on PC. I've been playing crysis the most. I would suggest that. Any game I had in the year and a half you weren't PC gaming wouldn't flaunt your new rig.

Back