first build & using a 800PRO

p_little

Weaksauce
I'm putting together my first PC build, and my video card is a PCIex16 x800PRO. It has three different connectors at the end of the card that goes towards the front of the case, and I hooked a power connector (that came with the card) into one of them. What are the other two for?

p_little said:
I'm putting together my first PC build, and my video card is a PCIex16 x800PRO. It has three different connectors at the end of the card that goes towards the front of the case, and I hooked a power connector (that came with the card) into one of them. What are the other two for?

The yellow connector is for composite video in/video out. Its designed for a front panel breakout box if you happen to have one. What color is the other connector?

It's white. The one that the power cord is currently hooked into is black. Would the white maybe be a power for the fan?

I've gotten everything connected, but nothing is coming up for me. I have encountered 3 basic probable situations.

#1 Will I have to install the drivers for the x800PRO to get it to work?

#2 Could it be that everything isn't making proper connections. The tower I'm using is keeping me from putting the orange-colored flange all the way in, but the connectors with all the metal on them seem to be getting in like they should.

#3 Something is bum on my mobo.

Back