First attempt at acrylic etching

SticKx911

2[H]4U

Shitty picture, but it's a start. Turned out better than I thought it would. The border around the cutout isn't final or secured hence the loose look. Sadly after googling dell dimension mod for ideas, one of the few were pretty much the same color scheme I'm going for but whatever, I can be happy with being an idea thief.

I'm sure no one cares, but I felt like sharing anyway. :)

Last edited:
7QwXz.gif

Reactions: Angry
like this
Began with :

Body almost done:

Floppy drive and logo delete progress :

I've never been great at painting, but it's turning out pretty well so far.

Haha. Boredom. Well, just wanted a project to work on but I'm broke right now. All parts I had laying around plus $30 in acrylic, bondo and paint

Girlfriend wanted a computer for book keeping so I thought I'd have fun with it. She had that shitty dell to upgrade and it was a standard matx case. So I scrapped everything in it and put together something different.

As long as it gets new guts...

Those Dells were cap plague central when I was working as a bench tech.

I realize it's a trash can of a card anyways and this probably won't effect performance, but your video card should be in the upper x16 slot. It looks like the bottom slot is an 8x slot electrically.

Looks good tho

I realize it's a trash can of a card anyways and this probably won't effect performance, but your video card should be in the upper x16 slot. It looks like the bottom slot is an 8x slot electrically.

Looks good tho

It's a dusty 5430. It's down there to hide the dust. Lol

Paint looks like poo in some spots but I ran out of budget and bugs/kids love to play with wet paint...so fuck it. Good enough

I thought it meant Dish Washer.

Silly me.

I pretty much hate light blue but that doesn't matter with a Dell since anything looks better than a Dell.

Nice job.

Back