first attempt at a business card design

*builds anti-fruit/boo barracade*

i decided i'd try my hand at making a business card for myself, i realize i didn't put any contact information in it but i haven't completely finished it, all comments are welcome (unless they're about my mom.) :D

beaker11.png

I would make the margin on the outside equal for all elements.
(e.g. the margin on the top,left,right should all be the same as the margin on the bottom)

A standard business card is 3.5"x2", yours is a little bit off in both dimensions.

Also, for final printing keep in mind that the resolution of the file needs ot be much higher than what you have here. Although I do understand you just put this up here for previewing purposes, I just wanted to point that out just in case you.

As for the design itself, I agree with bbranigin, there should be a consistent border around every edge to give everything some breathing room. You could also play around with the elements a bit more to get a more dynamic feel, mess with font weights, different layouts, colors, etc.

Do you mind if people post alternatives designs to help give you ideas?

The light blue color is too "cool" for me in the card. It flows too much. I dont know what would be better though....

damn you lost a lot of posts when the database took a shit. Hows the card design coming OP?

I'd be interested to know as well. I posted a few different ideas before the database went south but would love to see what you've come up with.

Back