Firing Squad tests ET: Quake Wars performance

LOL! The 2900XT is trading blows the X1900s. :p

My X1950Pro blows through this game at 1680x1050, 4xAA, 4xHQAF, "High Quality." I don't see a need for anything better at this point in time.

Come on, October 2nd! :D

I was getting more performance than this firingsquad review. I mean 8800gts getting only 60fps @ 1600x1200?

I was hovering anywhere from 45-120fps @ 1440x900 with 16xAF @ high quality with soft particles, shadows, smooth folliage. Usually hovering around the 60fps mark. When it got stressed it was around 40-45fps.

I was getting more performance than this firingsquad review. I mean 8800gts getting only 60fps @ 1600x1200?

I was hovering anywhere from 45-120fps @ 1440x900 with 16xAF @ high quality with soft particles, shadows, smooth folliage. Usually hovering around the 60fps mark. When it got stressed it was around 40-45fps.

Uh huh. LOL

I got my new card and it runs great in Bioshock! 1280x800 @ high settings! Pwned :cool:
...well, my 8500GT was pwned. :p

I don't know how it will do in Quake Wars, but hopefully I will know by tomorrow. Probably not too many frames below you (or above, ha ha!).

I wanna get that 1080i screen to play on with HDMI out! Muhahaha! Marvelous can eat 1440x900!

Seriously, do you have a Westing House LCD 19"? That's what I have running at either 1280x800 or 1440x900.

I don't think your CPU can handle mine. My CPU cuts through games like butter. Your wimpy x2 on a 939 with ddr1 can't possibly beat my 3dmark. :p

I did a bios flash on my card. Running shaders @ 1566mhz from 1450mhz.

I just finished Medal of Honor:Airborne @ 1440x900 @ 16AF max quality. Didn't dip below 25fps. Average about 40-45fps.

My monitor is a Viewsonic 1912wb

I don't think your CPU can handle mine. My CPU cuts through games like butter. Your wimpy x2 on a 939 with ddr1 can't possibly beat my 3dmark. :p

I did a bios flash on my card. Running shaders @ 1566mhz from 1450mhz.

I just finished Medal of Honor:Airborne @ 1440x900 @ 16AF max quality. Didn't dip below 25fps. Average about 40-45fps.

My monitor is a Viewsonic 1912wb

Oh... yeah?!?! Well... my NES beats your C2D! Yeah, I know my machine physically can't beat yours, unless I OC all to hell with liquid nitrogen cooling; that's a couple digits out of my price range though. :(

I would flash my card BIOS too, but I need stability for video editing more so than speed for gaming.

Awww, I just can't win. But I'm sure by the time I'm your age, these cards will look like an ISA video buffer card from the early 90's. ;)

Man, I remember when having a card with 512KB of onboard memory. Back in the day, that was the sh!t. Man, I feel old. I can't even imagine how you must feel grandpa. :D

Ok, on topic: As for Quake Wars, I'm going to get the demo from my friend and check it out. I played the beta of it. The gameplay was fun and interactive, but playing at 1024x768 on medium low settings with a Quadro FX 540 isn't exactly a "cool" experience. I'm glad we are able to turn the settings up now.

Oh, and Marvelous, it was all because of you that I bought this awesome card of pwning power (in my price range that is). Cheers! ^_^

Welcome to the DARK SIDE~ :D

I run my machine 24/7. Only time I reboot is when I have new software or I need to reboot. I have complete stability. ;)

After I did the flash some games ran better with shaders @ 1566mhz. Oblivion and Airborne seemed to run a hair faster. Made my minimum FPS jump by couple fps.

I don't even play that many games but I like trying new things for debates. :eek: Airborne was fun though. You should try it. I wasn't too fond of QW. I like BF2 better.

By the time you are my age you're going to rule this century. Kick some major booty in the gaming community and land a job you love doing. :cool:

1920x1080 with everything maxed in-game on a Q6600 and 8800 GTS 640. Usually bouncing off my 60hz vsync and the only times the framerate might slow down, I'm a little too busy to check that corner of the screen. I'll edit later with a better answer.

John Carmack is still the optimizing master. :D This game runs great on even a 6800GS I've got lying around.

Man, the number of Flash ads at Firingsquad is incredible. The Shack manages to do just fine with a single Google-driven leaderboard, but these guys need at least 15 different types of advertisements (most of them advertising for the exact same product)? Firingsquad is the quintessential example of why ad blockers have seen such wide adoption...Christ.

That being said, I'm fairly pleased with QW's performance. The frame rates they're getting seem a bit low, but they don't really hint at how playable this game is, even on modest systems. I have my gripes about the gameplay, but the visuals are great, the performance is pretty solid, and the sound is pretty damn good.

Waiting for your go at it, Mark/Brent.

I did a download and install of this game last night. Running the latest beta's from Nvidia. I was playing at 1900x1220 with all the setting maxed in the game and through the Nvidia control panel. I was getting anywhere from 95fps when just running and going down to about 75fps when the screen is full of action. Splash Damage has done an amazing job with this game. The graphics are spectacular, the sound is awesome. WAY TO GO!!!!!!! I only played for about 30 mins last night. But tonight when I get home and ht the 420 :D I will def be playing for about 4 hours tonight :)

I get a decent 40ish FPS with my system, the 1950Pro is the best I can do since I can only use single slot cards in my Shuttle unless I cut a hole in the case.

Back