Ok, so im in a band (basic setup: guitar, bass, drums, vocals, keyboard) and am looking for a better way to record to my computer than each person taking their turn recording through my 1/4 to 1/8 mini plug to my line in on my onboard audio card (yeah..) and I saw this thing and thought it looked pretty awesome, let me know if im a just a retard but, I think this could be a great little budget peice of equiptment.
would we all be able to play at the same time and have the audio data transfered to the computer via firewire without any latency? its got 4 inputs, the mic would go to the XLR obviously, then guitar bass and a microphone for the drums then the keyboard through midi or spdif... think this woudl work? or should i look for a different solution? I found some of these on ebay for pretty cheap... would a USB 2.0 device be faster or better? Thanks!!
http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~M-Audio-FireWire-Solo~ID~3772.asp
would we all be able to play at the same time and have the audio data transfered to the computer via firewire without any latency? its got 4 inputs, the mic would go to the XLR obviously, then guitar bass and a microphone for the drums then the keyboard through midi or spdif... think this woudl work? or should i look for a different solution? I found some of these on ebay for pretty cheap... would a USB 2.0 device be faster or better? Thanks!!
http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~M-Audio-FireWire-Solo~ID~3772.asp