• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Firewall or my ISP?

Ckamc

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 5, 2005
Messages
131
I found this interesting,

I try visiting netflix to try and cancel my account with them (waste of $$$) and I get a 404 error(page not found). disabled peerguardian... nothing. So I go to iphide.com and wow I can visit the site!

Same thing happens when I try and visit a particular forum. I used to have protowall installed but removed it a while ago. I really havent done anything to my router to make certian sites blocked.

Any ideas? PG2 or protowall to blame? ISP hates me?

never had a problem like this before...
 
I found this interesting,

I try visiting netflix to try and cancel my account with them (waste of $$$) and I get a 404 error(page not found). disabled peerguardian... nothing. So I go to iphide.com and wow I can visit the site!

Same thing happens when I try and visit a particular forum. I used to have protowall installed but removed it a while ago. I really havent done anything to my router to make certian sites blocked.

Any ideas? PG2 or protowall to blame? ISP hates me?

never had a problem like this before...

cant imagine your ISP is doing that, unless the are nazis.

Is it possible there is still some remaining part of some firewall or web page blocking tools on your computer?
 
I guess I would have to look into whether there are bits and peices of protowall still remaning as it installs drivers onto the NIC....

Just doesnt show up on my list with PG2 of blocked sites or companies.

and I was able to visit the sites on my wireless phone that was on my local WLAN so it has to be my machine.

Ran registry mechanic last nite and nothing changed!
 
Back
Top