Firewall and AV questions

Momental

Weaksauce
I recently downloaded and installed the 6.53 ForceWare for my nForce4 Ultra ASUS A8N-E board and now, the 'net connection is sloooooooooow. However, when I turn on the Windows Firewall and disable the nVidia Firewall, it speeds right back up again. :confused:

Here's my question: If I wanted to install ZoneAlarm, what steps would I need to take prior to installation? I currently have SpyBot Search & Destroy, AdAware-SE and Avast! Anti-virus installed. Would I need to uninstall the nVidia firewall or simply turn it off?

My goal is to have a protected machine where the CPU is not completely loaded down with something like Norton AV or where the ethernet connection is bogged down by the firewall. What's funny is that opening a page or downloading a file was like buttah only minutes before I installed the latest 6.53 ForceWare.

I've heard many people mention "AVG" when describing a solid Anti-virus program, but I dunno what the heck they're talkin' about. How does it compare to what I already have: Avast!?

Thank ya!! :)

Back