FireTV/Yamaha RX-V573 Issues

Castor Troy

Weaksauce
Previously been using this RX-V573 for a couple of years without issues. I moved it into a new room, and now I'm getting some annoying issues with the HDMI passthrough.

When I have it set to HDMI1, which is my cablebox, it works fine. Switching it to HDMI2, which is the FireTV, I get horizontal distortions and the screen goes black every few seconds.

Troubleshooting steps I've tried:

Multiple FireTVs and FireTV Sticks(all of which work properly when plugged directly into the TV)
Multiple HDMI cables with the FireTV
All of the HDMI inputs on the RX-V573
Multiple HDMI cables from the RX-V573 to the TV All of the HDMI inputs on the TV
Manually setting the resolution and refresh rate on the FireTV(tried 1080/60, 720p/60, and auto)

Firmware on all the FireTV/FireTV Sticks that I tried are up to date, as well as the firmware on the receiver. TV does not have updated firmware available.

Here's a link to a video I took to demonstrate what's going on. Only thing I haven't tried that I can think of is a different TV.

Previously been using this RX-V573 for a couple of years without issues. I moved it into a new room, and now I'm getting some annoying issues with the HDMI passthrough.

When I have it set to HDMI1, which is my cablebox, it works fine. Switching it to HDMI2, which is the FireTV, I get horizontal distortions and the screen goes black every few seconds.

Troubleshooting steps I've tried:

Multiple FireTVs and FireTV Sticks(all of which work properly when plugged directly into the TV)
Multiple HDMI cables with the FireTV
All of the HDMI inputs on the RX-V573
Multiple HDMI cables from the RX-V573 to the TV All of the HDMI inputs on the TV
Manually setting the resolution and refresh rate on the FireTV(tried 1080/60, 720p/60, and auto)

Firmware on all the FireTV/FireTV Sticks that I tried are up to date, as well as the firmware on the receiver. TV does not have updated firmware available.

Here's a link to a video I took to demonstrate what's going on. Only thing I haven't tried that I can think of is a different TV.

I've had this problem on my Apple TV a couple years ago. IIIRC, I manually set the HDMI mode from auto to RGB on the receiver and on the Apple TV. . The problem is that most receivers default to YCbCr. AFAIK. The Fire TV and all Android boxes only accept RGB. Once everything is working again you should be able to go back to auto

Back