FireStone Audio

MFDOOM1

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 18, 2008
Messages
233
Well im posting this to get info on this, im a big noob on this and really love music. However, i noticed that everything just doesn't sound right anymore. I have read some info on the litte country 3, and seems to be what i need however are this designed specifically for just headphones and/or 2.1 speakers? Or can i do more than the LC3 and make a 5.1 sound amazing with the spitfire? Any links would be wonderful and info would be awesome since im willing to invest into some serious sound.
 
I have no idea what the hell you mean by this:

Or can i do more than the LC3 and make a 5.1 sound amazing with the spitfire?

However, do you want headphones or speakers? Headphones are way easier to get great sound out of than speakers. How much $$?
 
im probably more interested in speakers, however having the headphone option on the side wouldnt hurt either. Essentially im wondering if i can do, and have the best of both worlds? I read that the spirtfire converts digital sound to analog and allows a nice clean sound to your speaker system even at 5.1 surround. However, im looking for info on the Little Country 3 by firestone audio, what it does and what its made for followed by info on the company products. Hope this helps.
 
im probably more interested in speakers, however having the headphone option on the side wouldnt hurt either. Essentially im wondering if i can do, and have the best of both worlds? I read that the spirtfire converts digital sound to analog and allows a nice clean sound to your speaker system even at 5.1 surround. However, im looking for info on the Little Country 3 by firestone audio, what it does and what its made for followed by info on the company products. Hope this helps.

If I were you, I'd email Todd. support@audiophileproducts.com
 
All external dacs only support 2 channel stereo, if you try 5.1 DD you will get an annoying buzzing sound.
 
I can't offer any input on the exact things you are describing but I have a Fubar II USB DAC from FireStone Audio and I love it. I have never had any issues with it and the sound is great (I upgraded from a Creative Audigy 2NX which was a POS with disconnection issues and overall crappy sound quality compared to the Fubar II USB DAC. Eventually it just completely died and wouldn't power on anymore).

I currently have my Fubar II paired with a Meir Audio Corda Headfive headphone amp and Sennheiser HD650s and I really enjoy it. Great for the money.

5.1 with headphones is unnecessary. If you are looking for full 5.1 (speakers) then you should look into a receiver and run a digital input to it and start there IMHO.
 
Sorry for the inconsistency of the question im asking. So to make things clear im assuming that running 5.1 is pretty much nixed. However, since i still want to invest in in good sound. Could i use a spitfire to a big joe amp and run a digital input from the 2.1 speakers? I was thinking of getting BIC bookshelf speakers with a bic h100 sub? On top of that how would i hook up the sub to the big amp? any information would be awesome! thanks for the replies.
 
Back
Top