Firestix 2 GB Kit at Directron for $102.00

Holy crap the deals just keep getting better and better >_>
Too poor to really build something new but at this price point I'm still not sure whether now is the time to just pick up a part or two for future use, especially given the recent trend ;/

Yeah, I called and canceled my order for 2 sets at 119.99 and submitted a new on at the 102.00 price. WOOT!!!

Well im glad i didnt cancel my order from buffalo's site before trying to get these.. that would have resulted in getting no firestix..

Got my confirmation! :D

Quickly followed by this:

To Whom It May Concern:

This email is in regards to your recent order with Directron.com. The order/invoice number can be found in the subject line of this email. We regret to inform you that part number DIMM-FSX800D2C-K2G, is currently sold out with no ETA. We do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

You have the option of either changing this sold out item to another product or canceling this item/order. Please let us know what you would like to do. The fastest way to get a response is to reply to this email. You may also call our toll free number, 888-582-1834 x 1500. Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely,

Customer Service

Directron.com
:(

We had about 30 of them in stock. They sold out in about 5 minutes.

They have... err... a few customers that will be getting an email.

I work at a different company that the owners of the Directron own. :D

"Holy crap the deals just keep getting better and better >_>"

Unbelievable. $102! I would never have suspected it to fall so low. Makes 4 gigs very reasonable.

If we let it ride is there a chance we'll get our order shipped when they get back in stock?

Well, I canceled my first order and placed a second, as instructed by a CSR two hours after placing my intial order because she couldn't credit my account the difference. Now I get an email stating that THEY have canceled my second order because the product is out of stock. Talk about piss poor customer service. In today's world, it makes absolutely zero sense that they couldn't simply credit my account the difference. I've been a loyal customer of Directron since not long after they started. This is not how I expect to be treated by a company I've been loyal to.

Well, I canceled my first order and placed a second, as instructed by a CSR two hours after placing my intial order because she couldn't credit my account the difference. Now I get an email stating that THEY have canceled my second order because the product is out of stock. Talk about piss poor customer service. In today's world, it makes absolutely zero sense that they couldn't simply credit my account the difference. I've been a loyal customer of Directron since not long after they started. This is not how I expect to be treated by a company I've been loyal to.
Apparently it depends to whom you talk. I placed my order about 5min before it dropped down to the $102 price. I called customer service and asked if he'd adjust the price, which he did since the confirm came at the lower price.

Same thing happened to me...I think they plan this crap just to get the cc float or in my case paypal funds

How bout a heads up there next time jackass :p

We have had a few good deals.

Last I heard, the purchasing department was trying to find a replacement for all 10 million people that ordered the Firestix. Everything else they sell (DDr2 800) costs more then that was selling at.

Yeah, I called and canceled my order for 2 sets at 119.99 and submitted a new on at the 102.00 price. WOOT!!!

You got greedy... and you got nothing

good day sir..:D

Youre saying you wouldnt try to get a credit back if a price dropped $20 within an hour of placing a order? Give me a break crosshairs. This actually happened to many people. Everything would be fine if Directron could figure out how to do a price credit, or know enough to hold someones original position for them at least.

Greedy would have been going back and getting two additional kits on top of the two I originally ordered. All I did was do what their CSR instructed me to do, and as a result, I don't have a filled order. My complaint was that I lost my ordered parts as a result of following the instructions of one of their CSRs. Better customer service would have been to simply credit my account the difference and not make me jump through hoops in order to get the credit adjustment...which ultimately resulted in no filled order.

Just goofin on you guys..don't kill me :)

I would have done it too.....

Yeah I know. Sorry. The CSR did it to myself and stumblebum as well. Freaking idiot...I would have expected them to at least hold my position of the original order. I ordered before most everyone else and I know it would have been instock for my original order.

Greedy would have been going back and getting two additional kits on top of the two I originally ordered. All I did was do what their CSR instructed me to do, and as a result, I don't have a filled order. My complaint was that I lost my ordered parts as a result of following the instructions of one of their CSRs. Better customer service would have been to simply credit my account the difference and not make me jump through hoops in order to get the credit adjustment...which ultimately resulted in no filled order.

Same thing happened to me...I think they plan this crap just to get the cc float or in my case paypal funds

directron has been around way to long to be pulling a monarch
(never had an issue with any of my orders including rma's.)

I orderded @119 so i guess il try calling tomorow for a credit but if not , no big deal. at least i have a tracking number:)

directron has been around way to long to be pulling a monarch
(never had an issue with any of my orders including rma's.)

I orderded @119 so i guess il try calling tomorow for a credit but if not , no big deal. at least i have a tracking number:)

There is a 1st time for everything my friend

Directron makes plenty of money... enough to where they dont give a crap about a couple hundred bucks.

I ordered my two kits when they had dropped to $102. Got an e-mail around 4:30 pm CST stating that they were sold out with no ETA. I had to reply back with what I wanted them to do with the order. I said to leave it in place but I think they will end up canceling it.

Got this email:
To Whom It May Concern:
>
> This email is in regards to your recent order with
> Directron.com. The order/invoice number can be found in the subject line of
> this email. We regret to inform you that part number DIMM-FSX800D2C-K2G, is
> currently sold out with no ETA. We do apologize for the inconvenience this
> may have caused you.
>
> The following will be available in 3 weeks for the same price,
>
> Buffalo Technology Buffalo Select D2U800C-1G/BR DDR2 DIMM 1GB, 800MHz
> PC2-6400 Unbuffered x64 Non ECC CL5 240 Pin
>
> You have the option of either changing this sold out item to another product or canceling this item/order. Please let us know what you
> would like to do.
>
> The fastest way to get a response is to reply to this
> email. You may also call our toll free number, 888-582-1834 x 1500. Thank
> you and have a great day!"

The replacement they are offering is 1GB only? I dont get it. I replied saying I wanted to keep my order and wait but they responded saying they canceled it anyway. Whats the deal?

after calling for a credit, I was informed that the $102 price was a "mistake" and all those orders where canceled.:rolleyes: atleast a few people got in or got corrected to the lower price :)

That doesnt even make sense. It was $120 when I ordered the first time. Then, what someone went on the website and decided to "mess" with the numbers and accidentally put $102?

Also their other site which they own (axiontech?) had the $102 price also. They are saying they made a price mistake on 2 websites? lol.

That seems freaking strange. And if it was a price mistake and they canceled everyones orders, why was it IN STOCK and now it is out of stock.

Back