• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

FireGL V5700 for lite gaming?

daphatgrant

Fi-yah!
Joined
Jun 15, 2003
Messages
18,564
I'm looking at buying a laptop with the FireGL V5700 for the graphics option. I know that this is not a gaming card but a card made for CAD and other non gaming video processing. I am just wondering if anyone has an opinion of how it would play games? It is the 512MB version.
 
Nah, FireGL's are typically not designed for gaming purposes, so I'd avoid them.
 
Nah, FireGL's are typically not designed for gaming purposes, so I'd avoid them.

Yeah, I was just wondering if anyone had this gpu and if they did how it fared in todays games. I have seen quite a few videos of the Quadro FX570M playing most of todays current games, from Crysis to COD4.

This is going to be the only option available in the specific laptop that I am looking at.
 
A quick google seach leads me to believe it "may" be a 3670.
FireGL cards are just regular cards with special drivers. You need to figure out which regular card it is, then you can figure it will do just slightly worse in gaming (not sure why they would perform worse in games, but they do)
 
Back
Top