Firefox woes...

Dayvon

Weaksauce
I'm having no end of trouble with Firefox on my new PC. I tried new drivers for my Ethernet 10/100; I've tried both 1.0.2 and 1.0.4; I've reinstalled Windows XP SP2 twice now. I just don't understand what is going on.

Basically, the browser keeps freezing up on me. Like just a second ago the window froze for about 10sec and turns unresponsive. Then it'll just pop back to life like nothing happened. And it keeps doing this intermitently ever minute or two, sometimes for 10sec, sometimes for 30sec.

I've got nothing running in the background, there are no hardware issues that I know of. The system was just built, P4 3.0Ghz, 1GB Corsair RAM 3200, VIA PT880 mobo and for everything else is just flying fast. I have Firefox working great on my other computer, but I just don't understand why on my new one it freezes!! The only difference I know of is that I have XP SP2 on this new computer. But I still don't understand how that is causing the problem. I did disable Windows Firewall and the security center..... but no resolution there either. Also, I can't seem to get Spybot to be able to run anymore. It dies partway through scanning at the same point. Again, the only thing other than hardware differences, is XP SP2.

BTW, IE seems to have no such issues.

Any ideas?! I need some help on this one!

Try to boot into safe mode and run the spy ware scan. I am willing to be that is part of the problem. Also use a combination of scanners on your computer, I use adaware spybot and MS spyware scanner

Found out...

I needed to update the BIOS. So I did, and no more problems. Pretty sweet that my new hard ware is working like it is!

Back