Firefox Version 32.0.2 Is Out Now

How so?

I'm not necessarily trying to doubt you, but the only thing I see that has changed about Firefox is that it is no longer hipster approved after the political fallout from their CEO leaving months ago. Now you have every random douche who jumped on the hipster bandwagon of bullshit claiming that firefox has "gone downhill lately". When asked to explain that statement from the perspective of someone who chooses their browser based on technical merit and not politics, I'm usually met with a blank stare.

How so? The interface is being oversimplified to look like Chrome. If people wanted Chrome, they'd use Chrome.

As for politics? It was ok to inject politics into the situation to force out the CEO which I'm sure your opinion is that he 'reaped what he sowed'. But its not ok to for mozilla.org to reap what they sowed. Now's the time to keep politics out of it. Screw that.

You're using your browser wrong.
He's def using browser sessions wrong, i doubt he needs all those open all the time but instead should use a session manager to bring up groups on demand and closing them when done. But i guess if you have RAM space to burn, although that's just asking for memory leaks and eventual crash.

Perhaps even consider switching organizing his bookmarks into folders and opening all the bookmarked tabs in the folder in a new window by right click the folder and choosing to open into a new window. Either way 600 tabs open at once is just lackadaisical management, highly doubt all those need to be on demand all the time.

one thing that has annoyed me with the more recent releases of FF (yeah.. um.. the last 10 released i guess that means!) is that there is a removed feature of customizing the UI. you can't have a space any more to "Right Justify" a part of the UI. It bugs me to no end!! Does anyone know if this is still possible and can point out i'm not going mad? I really... REALLY hate features/functionality being removed (*cough* Win8 *cough*).

Perhaps this will answer my concern I just mentioned. I know it can't hurt.. I don't care about losing the navigation buttons, just losing the HTML page title bar.

It won't restore the download window by itself but there are other addons. Currently half of my extensions are dedicated to restoring features removed from Firefox. I also run the Firefox ESR release - you can still get security patches while only having to go through the pain of 'fixing' all the stuff that was removed once a year.

A few addons that might be of interest to you:

Downloads Window

Classic Theme Restorer - needed since the last ESR update to restore some options

SettingSanity - restores the options menu for Javascript and some other things

Bookmark Current Tab Set - it doesn't work exactly like how FF did but it's the only way to restore this feature that I know about

Status-4-Evar Brings back the statusbar

I've got others but they are mostly for smaller behavoirs, like Switch to Tab no more which disables some annoying behavoir when manually typing URLs.

For a few final things you can dive into UserChrome.css, I've used that to fix up minor but annoying visual errors (incorrect margins around UI elements after all the patching to restore them) as well as to manipulate things like right click menus to put options back in place or remove 'new' features.

How so? The interface is being oversimplified to look like Chrome. If people wanted Chrome, they'd use Chrome.

A browser is more than just it's UI. I wasn't thrilled with the changes, but after about 2 hours of usage, I realized that nothing I actually used was gone, and I moved on with life.

As for politics? It was ok to inject politics into the situation to force out the CEO which I'm sure your opinion is that he 'reaped what he sowed'. But its not ok to for mozilla.org to reap what they sowed. Now's the time to keep politics out of it. Screw that.

Uhhh no, my opinion is that I don't give a shit about politics at companies as long as they continue to produce a product that I like, that applied when the CEO bullshit was going on, and it applies now.

Can't wait for Firefox Version 72, which should be out by the end of the year I assume. Seriously, that's way too many versions... every minor update doesn't need to be a new one.

I'm not happy w/ version inflation either that Chrome and Firefox are doing. But FF said a couple years ago that they'll release a new major build every 6 months. So figure 8 or 9 new major versions but year. So we'll get to ver. 72 not by the end of this year but in about 4.5 years, give or take a month. ;)

I remember when people clung to IE6 when 7 came out, and when people clung to XP when Vista came out (even after all the kinks were worked out).

Having a one click button to my downloads in a simple window is a must since I hate wasting time clicking through menus.

Trying Pale Moon again, don't know why I stopped and uninstalled it a few times, maybe I should write it down next time....

Might have too give that a try as I notice some pages won't allow me to right-click save pics/ect... thx.

It won't restore the download window by itself but there are other addons. Currently half of my extensions are dedicated to restoring features removed from Firefox. I also run the Firefox ESR release - you can still get security patches while only having to go through the pain of 'fixing' all the stuff that was removed once a year.

A few addons that might be of interest to you:

Downloads Window

Classic Theme Restorer - needed since the last ESR update to restore some options

Bookmark Current Tab Set - it doesn't work exactly like how FF did but it's the only way to restore this feature that I know about

Status-4-Evar Brings back the statusbar

I've got others but they are mostly for smaller behavoirs, like Switch to Tab no more which disables some annoying behavoir when manually typing URLs.

For a few final things you can dive into UserChrome.css, I've used that to fix up minor but annoying visual errors (incorrect margins around UI elements after all the patching to restore them) as well as to manipulate things like right click menus to put options back in place or remove 'new' features.
Thanks, I'll check them out. I just want the title bar back that shows what the title of the website of the tab I'm on says instead of having to hover my mouse above that small tab.

At work, they make us use the ESR version of FF as well if we want an alternative to IE, so I'm aware of what you mean. We were using 24.7.0 until recently, when my work laptop's FF was upgraded to 31.1.0 (again, ESR), which now removed that title bar that I liked.

Back