firefox start page bouncing up and down?!

IceDigger

[H]F Junkie
I just got rid of a bunch of spyware on a clients computer and installed firefox. The computer appears to be clean so says, hijack this, adaware, and spybot, all the latest versions.

So I install firefox and set the homepage to google and have it import all the guys ie stuff. Well the start page now moves up and down. After I type a webpage at the address bar it stops though, it only does it when firefox first starts up. Makes me think that some sort of spyware is still there but none of my tools can find anything.

Any ideas?

IceDigger said:
Well the start page now moves up and down. After I type a webpage at the address bar it stops though, it only does it when firefox first starts up. Makes me think that some sort of spyware is still there but none of my tools can find anything.

Any ideas?

I think this might have to do with firefox's "tabbed windows" kinda thing? If you have no tabs open, then open a new page in a tab, it jerks it down a bit to include the row for tabbed windows. Since one is already there, subsequent ones don't jerk the screen around. And if you close the last tab, it will jerk the screen as well because there's no row left for tabs?

Actually, I had the exact same problem. It had to do with the StyleXP skin I was using. If you're using Style XP, try changing skins, or disabling it altogether.

f.y.i.
I'm using the Milk "Cream" Skin, and it gets along just fine with firefox ;)

Back