firefox/opera, vista and aero

DangerIsGo

2[H]4U
After getting vista, one of the first things i did was to install firefox (as to not use IE dur) All was going great until...When I would load pages and they would shudder up and down which besides hurting my eyes, is really annoying. This also happened when I used the VistaXP windowBlinds theme (or any of them). I thought it was just a windowblinds/firefox thing until it also happened in vista when using aero. So i decided to load opera. All was going fine again until I went to a few pages and Aero decided to turn off, with a popup saying 'a program you have running is incompatible with Aero..click here to find out' I clicked there and it said Opera. I closed opera and Aero came back.

So, the main thing is....is anyone else having trouble with this? Does anyone know if mozilla or opera will release any fixes for these?

It's a problem that I have seen on a few Vista installs.

Here is what you do.

Open regedit>HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Desktop. Find the REG_SZ value "WheelScrollLines" and change the value from 3 to 2 or 1, and exit.

That has fixed it for me, hope it helps you.

Don't really have any Opera advice, I don't use it, sooo.........

I'm running Opera and Firefox on both of my machines with no issue. You mentioned windows blinds though... I wouldn't be surprised if that's the issue. I'd uninstall Windows Blinds

The jumping is because you have no links in your tool bar. Add a link up there and it will stop jumping. Worked for me.

Back