Firefox not saving cookies on some sites? such as HARDOCP :(

Journier

[H]ard|Gawd
everytime i come to Hardocp, after i shutdown my computer the cookies all vanish from firefox.... so everytime i fire up my computer i have to relogin,

some sites dont do this quite a few do :(

so... how do i make cookies stay on my computer on any website...

im sure im not giving enough information on setting etc.. so just ask..

In tools>options>privacy>cookies, do you have it set to "allow sites to set cookies"? If not, check that and it should do it. If that doesnt work, let us know.

that is already checked.

thanks for any help you can give me,

internet explorer doesnt do this :(

but firefox is just better, been using it for a while but the annoyance of retyping my password and username is annoying :/

This has happened to me. I forgot how I even fixed that. Probably reinstalling firefox and removing the whole entire registry left overs might've fixed that.

-J.

This happens with ONLY hardforums for me. I even tried getting cookieculler (an extension to deal with cookies) to fix it, but no luck.

Its random for me. I come to the site like 20 times a day during work, and about 25% of the time I have to login new. Sometimes I don't even close my browser (really wierd). I'll just go to another site, then come back here 10 minutes later, and have to login.

i'd suggest deleting your firefox profile and starting with a fresh one.
your profile is stored here:
c:\documents and settings\%windows_userid%\application data\mozilla\firefox\your_profile
backup your bookmarks first than delete this folder. when you start firefox again it will generate a new profile.

Back