Firefox macro to search and save a great number of records

diogo

Limp Gawd
So I have a list of over 1000 articles that I want to have the full records as displayed in a specific academic database. I have the list of titles and authors, and obviously things would be much easier if they were automated. I've been looking into making a firefox macro to take care of this but I haven't managed to figure out how to handle the complexity here.

Basically I want to create a macro that would input the name of the author and title of the paper (which I have in an excel file) into the search page for the specific academic database (in this case, EBSCO), find the first occurrence of that combination, click on it, and then save the records in a folder to be exported later.

Can anyone point me to a resource that would explain how to do it? All I've found are explanations on how to do things based on recording mouse movements, but nothing on entering specific information from a spreadsheet into specific fields, changing those fields to the appropriate type of info (author and title) and then saving it. Any help would be appreciated.

Back