Firefox language packs?

MeanieMan

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm sorta new to firefox. I tired it once but this problem pushed me back to IE; but I decided to give it another shot.

In IE when the browser came across a website with a different language it would ask me to install the language pack and then I could view the characters. This helped a lot with babel fish and stuff.

In firefox I just get ???? marks. So I don't know what language pack I need, if firefox even has them. Nor can I paste ????marks into a translation program.

A good example would be Hate_Bot's signature. The first 3 lines are only ???? marks for me.

How do I fix this? :confused:

What does this do for me? Do I have to guess what language I'm viewing in order to view it correctly? All the autodetects still just give me ?????marks.

Another good example would be www.dfi.com There are 3 different listings that are in ?????s. How would I get them to appear correctly?

Just select Unicode as your text encoder, rather than Western. That should fix most of your problems.

Edit: I just realized I'm using Western encoding, yet Hate_Bot's signature displays in the original Japanese. That's extremely weird--I recommend just toggling encoding settings until everything works.

Terpfen said:
Just select Unicode as your text encoder, rather than Western. That should fix most of your problems.

Edit: I just realized I'm using Western encoding, yet Hate_Bot's signature displays in the original Japanese. That's extremely weird--I recommend just toggling encoding settings until everything works.

Well, the unicodes did nothing or just gave me a screen full of question marks.
What is there to toggle? Its just a drop down menu.

I got it.
I just went and installed all the extra (250mb+) language packs that were on my Windows CD.
Thanks for helping.:)

Back