FireFox killed my GT

The Batman

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
1,531
Er...strange topic I know. Here's the deal, in the last few weeks I've noticed artifacting in...get this...fucking Firefox. But then when I jump into Doom3 at 425/1100 it runs flawlessly for hours on end. Well today while surfing the net the card just flat out died on me. Tried rebooting and all I got was garbage. Now tell me, when a card dies does Windows boot up? Because I got the whole XP is loading thing with the green bar, but once it entered windows it was a no go [garbage plus reboot]. Well I started up XP in VGA mode, uninstalled my beta drivers [65.73], reinstalled 61.77. At first it didn't seem to fix anything. But I tried it again and lo and behold my GTs up and running again [at complete stock this time].

So um...I'm trying to say...WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON! My GT can pummel D3 into the ground yet it croaks while surfing the net?

The only thing I can think of is that my Sweetspot Capute Card is fucking around with the GT. Maybe some kind of driver bug? But one that simulates card death so accurately?
 
copy your bios file, and use Omniedit to check the 2d voltage....maybe for some reason the 2d voltage is set too high? Also it could be that your RAM cannot take it. You do know that the MHZ for the ram are the same for both 2d and 3d, only the GPU overclock is different. Try checking the 2d voltage, then downclock the ram.
 
Well the GTs at stock now, and honestly, I'll probabley never overclock it again [few frames not worth the risk of permenantly doing her in]. I'm gonna call up eVGA tomorrow, talk to them about my options, maybe I'll step up to an Ultra.
 
The Batman said:
Er...strange topic I know. Here's the deal, in the last few weeks I've noticed artifacting in...get this...fucking Firefox. But then when I jump into Doom3 at 425/1100 it runs flawlessly for hours on end. Well today while surfing the net the card just flat out died on me. Tried rebooting and all I got was garbage. Now tell me, when a card dies does Windows boot up? Because I got the whole XP is loading thing with the green bar, but once it entered windows it was a no go [garbage plus reboot]. Well I started up XP in VGA mode, uninstalled my beta drivers [65.73], reinstalled 61.77. At first it didn't seem to fix anything. But I tried it again and lo and behold my GTs up and running again [at complete stock this time].

So um...I'm trying to say...WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON! My GT can pummel D3 into the ground yet it croaks while surfing the net?

The only thing I can think of is that my Sweetspot Capute Card is fucking around with the GT. Maybe some kind of driver bug? But one that simulates card death so accurately?

Wow thats gay :/.....hopefully it wasnt firefox...perhaps nvidia's 2d clock rate is screwin up?
 
That is what you get for defying microsoft..hhahahahh....jk..sorry I doubt firefox did it, atleast I hope not. Hope you get it working. There is always the faithful "Format C:"
 
darktiger said:
That is what you get for defying microsoft..hhahahahh....jk..sorry I doubt firefox did it, atleast I hope not. Hope you get it working. There is always the faithful "Format C:"

Do people still use format C: on NTFS windows based systems? That makes no sense considering what u go to install windows from the cd u get that partition thing then the format part after that. And plus i don't think u can format a NTFS partition in dos since u can't even really see it! Sure NTFSDOS will make it be "readable" but.
 
I know that hardly anyone uses "format c:", to reformat their computer. But still it is a term that SOME people still say to kid around with reformating their computers, it is more like an implied term.....
 
Back
Top