Firefox freezes every morning

Hi, for about 2 weeks when I go on my computer in the morning firefox is frozen. I dont close firefox at night instead I minimize it. In the morning when I try to maximize it I cant, once in a while it'll maximize but it'll be completely frozen. I haveto hit ctrl alt del to manually close it. When I open up firefox it works great for the entire day. Just in the morning this happens. I think that I've been infected with some kind of malware. I uninstalled and reinstalled firefox, deleted and created a new profile, and deleted the installation folder. Same problem, soo I performed a sytem format (not sure if it was a destructive format). no problem for about a day but after that the problem came back. The strange thing is that I've had this computer for about a year with zero problems. I've never added any memory, never upgraded or touched the video card or anything in the computer. The computer is a sony vaio pcv-rz36g, 3.6 ghz, I backup all my stuff on an external hardrive, and the mouse is a Logitech G7, not sure if this info matters though. You see about 2 months ago I went to a bad site to test out google's phishing filter (didn't realize at the time that there was a way to test it in the toolbar), Anyway I started having strange problems with my computer like when I added a file to my computer it asked if I wanted to replace the file, that's normal but then the mouse would automatically go onto the yes option. I found a way to fix that problem but the antivirus would be disabled when I restart my computer then it would re enable. I scanned using spybot, adaware, ewido, trojan hunter, you name it, but it found nothing. Another problem was that when I used trend micro house called about a minute into scanning it would automatically close :mad: soo I couldn't complete a full scan. Anyways I got fed up with these problems so I brought it into comp usa and they performed a destructive sytem format. Since then the problem never came back but now I have this problem, not sure if they're part of the same problem. Mabey a hackers been dropping malware on my computer. My antivirus that I use is Avast, my firewall is sygate pluse I have a Lynksys router as my hardware firewall. I immunized my computer using spybot, and spywareblast. I'm extremely fustrated with what's happening with Firerox. I'm even willing to perform another destructive system format. 2 days ago I installed process guard a program that helps protect your computer and applications from trojans and malware. Yesterday when I went on my computer in the morning I found that my computer had restarted by itself. Same thing happend today so I uninstalled process guard. Now I have spybot tea timer enabled. oh btw my version of firefox is 1.5.04. Any help is greatly appreciated! Stu

You may want to uninstall and remove all traces of Firefox, clean registry and reinstall it clean, latest version of course, and see if it still has the same error??

oldmx

maybe it got knocked up by the sexy new alienware down the block.

morning sickness? ha. im hilarious.

TechStuey05 said:
? I see it perfectly on my computer. should I try resending it?

Their point is that it's a massive wall of text. Break it into paragraphs so people can read it without getting a migraine. ;)

Agreed. Leme try.

Hi, for about 2 weeks when I go on my computer in the morning firefox is frozen. I dont close firefox at night instead I minimize it. In the morning when I try to maximize it I cant, once in a while it'll maximize but it'll be completely frozen. I haveto hit ctrl alt del to manually close it. When I open up firefox it works great for the entire day.

Just in the morning this happens. I think that I've been infected with some kind of malware. I uninstalled and reinstalled firefox, deleted and created a new profile, and deleted the installation folder. Same problem, soo I performed a sytem format (not sure if it was a destructive format). no problem for about a day but after that the problem came back.

The strange thing is that I've had this computer for about a year with zero problems. I've never added any memory, never upgraded or touched the video card or anything in the computer. The computer is a sony vaio pcv-rz36g, 3.6 ghz, I backup all my stuff on an external hardrive, and the mouse is a Logitech G7, not sure if this info matters though.

You see about 2 months ago I went to a bad site to test out google's phishing filter (didn't realize at the time that there was a way to test it in the toolbar), Anyway I started having strange problems with my computer like when I added a file to my computer it asked if I wanted to replace the file, that's normal but then the mouse would automatically go onto the yes option. I found a way to fix that problem but the antivirus would be disabled when I restart my computer then it would re enable. I scanned using spybot, adaware, ewido, trojan hunter, you name it, but it found nothing.

Another problem was that when I used trend micro house called about a minute into scanning it would automatically close soo I couldn't complete a full scan. Anyways I got fed up with these problems so I brought it into comp usa and they performed a destructive sytem format. Since then the problem never came back but now I have this problem, not sure if they're part of the same problem.

Mabey a hackers been dropping malware on my computer. My antivirus that I use is Avast, my firewall is sygate pluse I have a Lynksys router as my hardware firewall. I immunized my computer using spybot, and spywareblast. I'm extremely fustrated with what's happening with Firerox. I'm even willing to perform another destructive system format.

2 days ago I installed process guard a program that helps protect your computer and applications from trojans and malware. Yesterday when I went on my computer in the morning I found that my computer had restarted by itself. Same thing happend today so I uninstalled process guard. Now I have spybot tea timer enabled. oh btw my version of firefox is 1.5.04. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Stu

Hi, for about 2 weeks when I go on my computer in the morning firefox is frozen. I dont close firefox at night instead I minimize it. In the morning when I try to maximize it I cant, once in a while it'll maximize but it'll be completely frozen. I haveto hit ctrl alt del to manually close it. When I open up firefox it works great for the entire day.

Just in the morning this happens. I think that I've been infected with some kind of malware. I uninstalled and reinstalled firefox, deleted and created a new profile, and deleted the installation folder. Same problem, soo I performed a sytem format (not sure if it was a destructive format). no problem for about a day but after then the problem came back.

The strange thing is that I've had this computer for about a year with zero problems. I've never added any memory, never upgraded or touched the video card or anything in the computer. The computer is a sony vaio pcv-rz36g, 3.6 ghz, I backup all my stuff on an external hardrive, and the mouse is a Logitech G7, not sure if this info matters though.

My antivirus that I use is Avast, my firewall is sygate pluse I have a Lynksys router as my hardware firewall. I immunized my computer using spybot, and spywareblast. I'm extremely fustrated with what's happening with Firerox. I'm even willing to perform another destructive system format.

2 days ago I installed process guard a program that helps protect your computer and applications from trojans and malware. Yesterday when I went on my computer in the morning I found that my computer had restarted by itself. Same thing happend today so I uninstalled process guard. Hopefully it wont restart anymore by itself. oh btw my version of firefox is 1.5.04. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Stu

ok Today when I went on my computer in the morning I found that firefox had closed by itself. I'm positive that I minimized it the night before. Anyone?

btw sorry for the long post.

Back